7 defaults on my CRA file THEY ARE NOT MY DEBTS - same name and dob syndrome - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone , Im at my wits end and have been trawling the internet looking for advice and this seems the perfect place for it

I had a letter from rapid recoveries the other day saying i owe £650 on a barclays credit card with my name on it ,

I called the number to try and speak to someone but he wouldnt talk to me unless i gave my DOB and i refused so he put the phone down on me ,

I then sent off for my equifax credit report and to my horror they have put a default on my credit file

and its for the someone with the same name and DOB as myself but at an address that i have never lived at ,

i have never been in any debt in my life and have never even missed a payment on anything,

I spoke to a lady at mk recoveries and she was very helpful saying that it could be id fraud and she would ring me back on monday ,

i filed a dispute at equifax and they wrote back today saying that i must deal with the company directly providing my last 6 yrs of address and id,

What do i do from here as im worried sick ,

I also looked on noodle credit file as its free and they have linked me with this other address and now there is 7 defaults on there as well

please please help

I will try and find someone to help.

You need Equifax to put a notice of dispute on your file.

Are these defaults all with the same company or different companies ?

In fact Equifax are wrong, you don't have to prove that you are not the debtor - the company has to prove that you are.

I will find someone to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The defaults are from different companies but its all came from mk recoveries linking my name to this other address, Equifax did place a notice on my credit file but this was there reply today

Dear Andrew

Thank you for getting in touch.

MKDP LLP has investigated your query and have asked that you get in touch with them directly using these details. The information you disputed will remain unchanged on your Credit Report.

MKDP LLP

Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill

Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR

They stated the following - Please can the consumer provide his last 6 years address history and ID please

I will investigate this further with the original creditor.

The account has been placed into disputed whilst we carry out our investigation.

The note that we added, stating that your information was in dispute will be removed within 24 hours.

hi andy.

do you know FOR SURE

that it WAS MKDP that placed the link to that address and not say Barclaycard?

I pers would not be furnishing a DCA with those details.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes its on my credit report as linked address supplied by MKDP

Credit Card from Mkdp Llp (I) / XXXXXXXXXX

Name Mr Andrew XXXXX Date of Birth XX/XX/19XX

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted

Current Balance £ 650 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 650

Start Date 26/06/2007 Date Updated 23/02/2012

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied

Default Date 24/06/2010 Payment Amount

Previous Statement Balance Cash Advance Amount

Number of Cash Advances During Month Credit Limit Change

Minimum Payment? Promotional Rate;

Edited by Conniff

MKDP buy debts

have they actually said they put the link on there?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is from noodle credit ,

From xxxxxxxxxxxxx Road, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx

To xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxx

Most recent source of link Mkdp Llp

Last confirmed 15/07/2013

Earliest confirmation 15/07/2013

Something wrong?

Let us know

please don't think we are stating what you say is untrue

when a 'debt buyer' gets their hands on an account

their name is substituted whatever the original creditors was.

that's why I asked.

brig is going to pop in tomorrow

he'll have the best experience on what to do.

dx

and they

Good morning Andrew, Looking in as requested,

Will read through all the thread first, then get back to you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hello Andrew,

Clarification please, 7 defaults all linked to an address at which you have never resided?

What are the others please?

I see the situation more often than I like, in my opinion it is sloppy and lazy data control DCAs taking an easy way to attempt collection, you would be surprised how many people are intimidated into paying debts they don't owe!!

So we can start with a formal notice of disassociation to the Data Controller of each company that is showing an entry on the credit files, it may also be wise on those entries that show the name of an original creditor to send a copy of this letter to their data controller.

I will leave spaces for you to fill in details/ dates etc., I would suggest sending a screen print of each companies entry with the letter.

Private & Confidential

For The Attention of

The Data Controller

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date:....................:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer you to an entry placed on credit reference files held by the following agencies,...............: ...................:

I have attached a screen print of the entry for clarification.

FORMAL NOTICE OF DISASSOCIATION AND DENIAL OF LIABILITY:

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

I Andrew .................... am NOT the debtor who owes the outstanding debts shown on credit reference files.

I am not now nor ever have been resident at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. and have no connection with that address.

The entries xxxxxxxxxxxxx is causing to be displayed are seriously damaging my unblemished credit profile, and MUST be removed immediately.

I am enclosing proof of my residency for the past 6 years, although the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 (updated Nov2012) states that 'it is unfair to require an individual to prove that they are not the debtor that owes an outstanding debt'.

For clarification and the avoidance of any misunderstanding:

I am not the debtor you seek, nor do I have any connection with the address shown on the file entries

I require xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to immediately remove the defamatory entries from ALL credit reference agency files to which this spurious account has been reported.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx WILL confirm in writing within 7 working days from the date hereon that it has complied with my instructions.

FAILURE to comply WILL result in formal complaints being made to the ICO, OFT/FCA and if necessary to the Financial Ombudsman Service which of course will involve the company in costs.

The response I receive from xxxxxxxxxxxx will affect the amount of financial redress I seek from the company for the stress, anxiety and the damage done to my unblemished credit profile, this currently stands at £1000.00 per credit file entry plus a sum to be decided for the stress, anxiety and time taken to resolve this matter.

Please treat this communication as urgent as I will not hesitate to take further action as necessary without further reference to xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This letter is sent by RM recorded/signed for mail and its receipt will be monitored.

Andrew if you can get someone to witness this all the better.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thank you BRIGADIER2JCS for helping me , The other defaults are from lovell, shop direct and a few from barclays ,

Most welcome Andrew,

Please keep the site up to date on the progress.

Just a quick question ,

How do i prove my previous address,

I have lived at my current property for nearly 4 years but have nothing anymore in my previous address as its all been switched over , driving licence bills , banks ect ect,

What can i do to prove that i lived at my previous,

It was my parents house and they both passed away last year and was sold not long after ,

whos said you need to prove that?

dx

and they

The defaults are from different companies but its all came from mk recoveries linking my name to this other address, Equifax did place a notice on my credit file but this was there reply today

Dear Andrew

Thank you for getting in touch.

MKDP LLP has investigated your query and have asked that you get in touch with them directly using these details. The information you disputed will remain unchanged on your Credit Report.

MKDP LLP

Fleming House, Seebeck Place, Knowlhill

Milton Keynes, MK5 8FR

They stated the following - Please can the consumer provide his last 6 years address history and ID please

I will investigate this further with the original creditor.

The account has been placed into disputed whilst we carry out our investigation.

The note that we added, stating that your information was in dispute will be removed within 24 hours.

this was the reply from equifax

that's very wrong

its for them to prove its you

not automatically assume it IS YOU.

dx

and they

i'll let brig deal with them

a dca must PROVE its you

its not for you to prove it is not you.

they have [obv] failed to do this.

dx

and they

The number of spurious accounts here makes it necessary to follow every possibility of getting these incorrect entries removed from credit files.

Andrew were you on the electoral roll at your parents address?

I wonder if it would be worth a call to the Information Commissioner. Explain the situation and say that the information that you are being asked to provide seems above and beyond what would be necessary.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is the CRA that is asking for 6 years worth of addresses and proof of Id to be sent to the DCA. Clearly the DCA isn't entitled to such information and shouldn't ask for it.

I think that a simple letter to each entry simply stating that the entry is incorrect, that it has been incorrectly attributed to you and that you require the removal of it from your CRA file immediately might do the trick

Hi Andrew.

Welcome to my world !!! I have one of the most common names in the UK and i have had a number of addresses linked to my Credit File where i have never lived. Like you it is easy to prove who you are but virtually impossible to prove that your NOT someone.

My problems started about 7 years ago when Egg linked this othe person/ s details to my file. I am on the verge of cleaning my Equifax and Credit Expert files (although you have to keep a weekly check on them as odd ones keep being added that are not mine)

However, Callcredit and noddle are an absolute mess. The real issue is that almost daily i will recieve DCA letters for debts that are not mine and are not even on the incorrect files. So i have no idea where these are coming from. Apart from the theory that as the other persons addresses are on my file. My address could quite easily be on the other persons file. And unless they are prepared to clean it off theirs i will always get these letters and it could always affect my credit rating

Sorry not to be the bearer of good news but this is harder to resolve than you think