TAX Under Payment Please HELP ME!!

Fairywings54
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any cagger help me please? I have not been employed since July 2012 and received ESA of £71.00 per week from July 2012 until November 2012 and it went up to £100.00 per week but in July this year it stopped completely. No more money for ESA. I also received from July 2012 a small pension of £157.00 per month no more. I used to work for a company that sacked me in July 2012 for being sick and I paid my PAYE through them in my wages.

I have now been hit with a TAX demand for Underpaid Tax of £975.00. I do not earn any money and do not work and I only receive a pension of £157.00 a month. The Tax man claims I earnt £10,021 between April 2012 and April 2013. I paid TAX when I received my last wage packet every penny of it and have always paid TAX with my previous company.

My problem is I am scared because I have no money other than my pension so something has gone wrong but not with me as I genuinely believed my previous company paid enough TAX for me.

Please help me someone before I slit my wrists with worry as I cannot pay anything as I have nothing and receive no benefits because my ESA stopped in July this year because it was contribution based.

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

Give them s ring and tell them what you have told us. If the desk monkeys dont help, escalate it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you very much for your help and advice renegadeimp, I simply am beside myself with worry as I have all my wage slips (I kept them) and my P60 as well as my pension slip every month. I also have a letter advising me of my cease of employment as from July 12th 2012. I paid tax through my employer and it was not up to me to work out the tax it was up to them wasn't it or am I missing something here?

I just don't know what to do other than ring HMRC and tell them, prior to my sacking I had been off work for 6 months sick and can prove this too!! that is why I was sacked through a capability dismissal.

What will be will be and none of us can change the course of history or human nature:wink:

Thank you honeybee, you have been following my threads from last year with ATOS and I thought that was bad!! I will do as advised and let you know the outcome. I would not be without this forum as it helps me no end.

I thought I would update you all so far about how things have been going on my end with the Tax Man namely HMRC. I phoned them and explained my plight and they are sending me a breakdown of the charges etc. In the meantime I took it upon myself to get my daughter who is a Chartered Accountant to go through this for me and see if she can see something that I can't because I don't understand these figures etc. She found that last year I paid back £415.00 to HMRC and they had not taken this in account and had added it on to the £957.00 I now owe, she also asked me why ESA had sent me a Tax refund of £398.00? I replied that I have no idea as I was upfront and have never ever had another job since leaving the last one.

She has asked me to challenge the breakdown when it comes in and send it to her to go through as she says that it is the Tax Mans fault and not mine even though as individuals we are responsible for our own Tax Coding if we feel it is wrong. I have to be honest with everyone I would not know what my Tax Code should be or should not be here.

I asked HMRC if I had to pay it back, how was I to pay it back when I have such a small pension coming in? they told me that they could give me 3 years in exceptional circumstances. I told them that it made no difference because I simply cannot pay. My daughter says that I must draft out a polite letter and state where the anomalies are and also question them about the tax refunds I have been given.

I will let you all know the outcome of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Fairywings how often were you paid, if its every 4 weeks, between April 2012- April 2013, there was an extra pay date, so instead of being paid 13 times a year, you would have been paid 14

And from this your tax would have been wrongly calculated