SORN for odd periods?

Tony P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A question for those who know more than I.

I have a number of vehicles in long term storage on SORN and it is my intention to keep them thus for the short/mid term.

Mail to my UK address, including SORN reminders, takes many weeks, sometimes months to reach me so I must rely on memory to do it on-line.

However the SORN expiry/renewal dates are spread throughout the year.

QUESTION. Is it possible to get SORN dates altered so they all expire at the same time and I only need remind myself to do this once a year?

TIA

I don't think so..................................................but the good news is that s.189, Finance Act 2013 has removed the requirement to make the declaration every 12 months, I don't know if it has been enacted yet and V.E.R.A. 1994 amended.

Where do you live - Antarctica? Seriously though, DVLA has an online status checker for tax/SORN on vehicles. If you have difficulty remembering then why not check your collection online just before the end of each month and then take any action necessary?

Thanks Sam and Ray.

The Finance Act 2013 received the Royal Assent and became Law a few weeks ago (I know from other contents of personal interest, the Statutory Residency Tests!!).

The SORN will be one less 'chore' for me - and one less "nice little earner" for DVLA!

DVLA have not caught up yet - I just renewed a SORN expiring at the end of this month. The next is in 4 months so I will await with interest to see.

Interesting, I recall in Cameron's opening year he asked people what Laws/Regulations should be removed. A large response was the need to re-SORN annually.

Not exactly People Power, but good to know someone listens - sometimes.

I found myself in the same position a few years back, with the vehicles owned and stored having different SORN month dates on them

I was able to reSORN two out of the three to mimic the first, so they all fell due in July (the easiest time for me to remember as this is the month they come out for a good clean and service.

Despite confirmation from the online site that I had got them all under one month, the following year one of them came up for renewal in June, meaning the DVLA 'never fails' supercomputer system lost a month. Luckily I did get a reminder otherise it would have been an £80 curry night for the DVLA staff that week.