Help urgent bailiffs notice addressee doesn't live here *RESOLVED*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all !

Received a response to my stroppy and annoyed email first thing this morning confirming no further letters or visits will be made -

wish I hadn't stuck note to front door last night for the milk man to see :D

As ever your help has been immeasurable

Thank you

You've got to get into a dialogue with them. No emails - talk to them.

Explain the debtor isn't there and ask what you can provide by way of proof. Once they tell you, they have accepted and will expect some documents from you to clear this up.

• 1 year later...

Hello all

I have received (well in my sons name) a warrant of control.

My son left home some 8 years ago maybe a bit less - have had previous demands for payment in his name delivered here

And informed them that he does not live here no possessions etc...

But this one is curious it says that they have a warrant of control TCE 2007 - on behalf of HMTCS

But no details of where this debt has originated ?

I am curious as to if this is just a threatening communication as no details of debt.

I know it shouldn't concern me and I will email them to let them know that he doesn't live here.

But surely this letter should say whom the demand has come from / who £ is owed to?

any info would be great

OSW

You need to provide proof that he doesnt live there. Council tax form or similar. They have been told by the court to collect at your home, so you need to show he doesnt live there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How long he has been gone for, forwarding address telephone number if you have them, and ask for a letter confirming your address has been removed off the system

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

I would say so yes that is why i suggest getting written/typed confirmation your address has been removed

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

A council tax document(or anything else for that matter) will show you are the main stayer at the address, but it doesnt prove your son doesnt live there. You may find that the EA will still call out and make enquiries, speak to neighbours, or ask to search your hourse to look for assets belonging to the defendant. If the EA is refused access, but he belives that you may be sheilding the def and the def may indeed be in the property, then he has the power to force entry and search for assets.

I would send the documents that you can and then call their help line and ask if that is sufficient. The only time you need to be worried is if neighbours are spoken to and confirm he is living with you.

Not sure how relaxed collectica are but you should be fine.

Ok I will send over statement and note that nothing in this house belongs to him unless school reports count

we have been estranged for many years and I have no idea where he is living I know he lived in 2 places and have put that in my email but we do not talk so dont know if either of these are current.

The agrivation this child has caused me is beyond belief

How about the OP goes to her local Court's admin office with her documents and swears a stat dec that her son is not resident at the address and all goods belong to her?

If this is a fine then the rights of the EA to make a forced entry means the OP needs to be extremely proactive in dealing with this

A council tax document(or anything else for that matter) will show you are the main stayer at the address, but it doesnt prove your son doesnt live there. You may find that the EA will still call out and make enquiries, speak to neighbours, or ask to search your hourse to look for assets belonging to the defendant. If the EA is refused access, but he belives that you may be sheilding the def and the def may indeed be in the property, then he has the power to force entry and search for assets.

I would send the documents that you can and then call their help line and ask if that is sufficient. The only time you need to be worried is if neighbours are spoken to and confirm he is living with you.

Not sure how relaxed collectica are but you should be fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caledfwich ?

If this is a fine then the rights of the EA to make a forced entry means the OP needs to be extremely proactive in dealing with this

dont understand?

It means get all the proof to the court and Collecticarp Asap, or their EA/bailiff may well force entry if you are home and don't let him in, and poke around looking for your son's stuff, he might even take control of yours as he will convince himself son is there and your stuff is his.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You need to provide proof that he doesnt live there. The courts and bailiffs have heard every excuse, including people pretending to be disabled.

You need to get a stat dec done and provide proof to the courts, or things will get much more difficult to sort out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is the first letter I have had here for him in a long time, years no one has knocked here and I am sure of that because I'm always in with the exception of hospital visits

- Oh this bloody child and proof of my disability is easy - This is demanding money with menaces surely as I am not the debtor

I've typed up an email to court and have sent one to Collecctica maybe I should phone the court too

Do you live on your own, and have claimed the single person's council tax discount? If so a copy of the council tax bill showing the discount would be sufficient to show he doesn't live with you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I live with my husband and the council tax document I emailed over shows deductions but its a print out of what I pay and have paid unless they presume £300 a year is full council tax then yes it does show deductions - The annual statement I get from council tax office only has my name on it therefore I sent the copy of the online statement which also shows my husbands name (he is my carer)

Maybe I was wrong to do so - You would think that I would have received court documents to my address in my sons name prior to this wouldn't you ?

End of the say the council tax bill will be enough.

Collectica can only go to or send letters to the address provided to them by the courts which one can only presume your son provided in the first place not collecticas fault they are doing their job.

And as far as forced entry etc that is only applicable when there is confirmation that the debtor lives at the address and has told the court/bailiff they are wilfully refusing to pay - so dont worry about that.

As for the comment about demanding money with menaces - they havent asked you to pay his debt have they.

Sooner its sent off sooner the address is removed.

No need to waste money on a stat dec just as i said before ask for confirmation your address has been removed

End of the say the council tax bill will be enough.

Collectica can only go to or send letters to the address provided to them by the courts which one can only presume your son provided in the first place not collecticas fault they are doing their job.

And as far as forced entry etc that is only applicable when there is confirmation that the debtor lives at the address and has told the court/bailiff they are wilfully refusing to pay - so dont worry about that.

As for the comment about demanding money with menaces - they havent asked you to pay his debt have they.

Sooner its sent off sooner the address is removed.

No need to waste money on a stat dec just as i said before ask for confirmation your address has been removed

£ with menaces comment was in regards to if they knocked at door and demanded for me £ or goods and as previous post highlighted they could take my stuff - yes email has gone off to collectica and automated response received I'm awaiting a reply

Still stressing though :(

OSW

How about the OP goes to her local Court's admin office with her documents and swears a stat dec that her son is not resident at the address and all goods belong to her?

If she can get to the court and do that BEFORE the ea turns up and she can get the court to accept it.