• Tweets

• Good morning,   On the 21/12/2018, I brought back my rental car to the agency and I stop on the way to the rental car park to drop off a friend (less than 10 sec). Unfortunatly, it was a prohibided area with a double red line and I received the 23/05/2019 (6months later!!) a reminder saying that I didn't pay the fine in the first place, and now the parking charge is £160.   On the 05/07/2019, an other letter before court action, at this point I called them to ask more explanations. They sent me the pictures where we can see my registration and my friend getting out from my car.   On the 19/07/2019, I received the final statement before court action. On this letter that you can see attached, they mentioned a letter dated the 10/07/2019 that I never received. We can also see a discount? why?   I read this thread, https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/408248-vcs-pcn-liverpool-airport-no-stopping/#comments before posting   I'm not british and the car was renting by my company during my time in england (who push me now to pay because they don't want problems)   I don't really know what to do to be honest, should I continue to ignore them? Or in my case I should pay because they know that I was the driver at the exact moment   Thank you in advance for your help   Baal Liv airport fine.pdf
    • Future comms gone bust, so now what? O2 have the job of passing on affected customers to Chess ICT who seem to have some connection to FC (with not much better reviews online!). O2 seem to have confidence that they will solve the issues. I don't.  All I want is to cancel the contract but is there any hope? At all? Currently my court case against them is still ongoing and due to be heard in a local court very soon. I have to wait to be told the appointed time, then call to tell them the situation. Presumably it will just get cancelled. As my contract was with FC but service provided by O2, I shall be beholden to O2 to do as I am told? I am loathe to continue paying O2 this dd which includes the cashback I should have got/be getting. Yet I can't stop because I don't want my service cut.
    • Now your confusing me.....what as a Default Notice go to do with when you entered an agreement ?The Default Notice is when you breached the agreement.   Can you post a copy of your defence here for future reference and advice.   Andy
    • On that basis, there is no restriction at all between 10am and 10pm, which on a taxi/loading bay is highly unlikely.
    • Hi, I sent a letter before action at 0928 and just now received an email letter disputing claim and dismissing it. Can you advise please? Thank you. Letter contents below:  Our Member: Elite Pre-owned Vehicles Ltd Re: VW Touareg, Reg No. WU06 GOJ We have been consulted by our above named member. We are a trade association tasked with providing advice and assistance to our above named members. We refer to your email dated 22 July. First, we note that the above mentioned vehicle was sold to you on the 15 April 2019 for the price of £5,350.00. At the time of delivery the vehicle was almost thirteen (13) years old and had an odometer reading of about 81,300 miles. Plainly, the vehicle was well used and part worn at the time of delivery and the issue of satisfactory quality must be viewed in such context. We note that the vehicle passed an independent DVSA MOT test on the 27 March 2019 with no advisories. Further, we note that the vehicle was subject to a thorough pre-delivery inspection (PDI), which revealed no issues other than those reported for which you received a suitable discount. Despite what you say, we see no cogent evidence to suggest there were any other faults with the vehicle at the time of delivery. Indeed, the fact that the vehicle has covered some 2,545 miles post delivery suggests that the issues you now complain about have developed post delivery. In this regard, we refer you to Section 19(15)(a) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. On the facts, we see no valid statutory claim against our member for refund or otherwise, as alleged or at all and your claim is hereby dismissed. We await your considered response. Yours faithfully, Lawgistics Lawgistics Ltd
  • Our picks

Grotesque

London meet

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1972 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do these still happen? (London or anywhere else?)*

*Not that I'll be let in through the door of course :violin:

Hope they start up again. I went to at least four and loved everyone of them.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

There haven't been any for a while. I'm afraid I couldn't get to London at the moment but you'd think there may be at least a few would like to meet up.

Nice to see you OD. We've certainly had some great meets. Hope you're keeping ok. :-)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As well as can be expected Caro

I went to a couple of so and they were great fun. Might be in and around Leeds on the 20 Dec if any one else was..

Never followed it up. lol..
You need to start a new thread to follow it up. x