Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2671 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm after some advice...

A DCA called Insight have sent me threatograms regarding a scottish power gas/electric account at my old address.

I moved in November last year and kept Scottish Power as my supplier.

I gave them meter readings for my old property and they sent me a final bill for a whopping £1050.

I'm not disputing the bill, but Scottish Power wanted me to pay £120 a month on top of my regular direct debit to clear the outstanding balance over 12 months.

...I told them at the time that I couldn't afford that extra amount but could pay a smaller amount.

After a few months of back of forth 'negotiation' they have passed the account onto Insight who are demanding full immediate payment

or they'll instigate legal proceedings and record a default on my credit file.....

..I haven't spoken to Insight yet,

but have received 2 letters and numerous texts demanding I cantact them..

...I can afford to pay back around £30 a month.

Shall I write to them offering this amount or get back in contact with Scottish Power,

and also do they have the power to trash my credit file?

(I wasn't aware that I was in a 'credit agreement' with Scottish Power!...)

thanks

Hi new

1) Firstly, because Scottish Power say it's £1050, doesn't make the bill right, if they told you it's £5000, would that make the bill right. Firstly, go through the bill to make sure it's correct and not on their say so. Is it £1050 for a quarter?

2) Once you've done that, write a letter to their Customer Services, don't speak to them over the phone. Tell them how much you can afford to pay each month. Keep a copy of the letter.

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/pdf/Paying_your_bil.pdf

Let us know how you get on. We can suggest other avenues.

we also have Scottish power onboard here

would you like them alerted

if they don't see this thread themselves

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we also have Scottish power onboard here

would you like them alerted

if they don't see this thread themselves

dx

Yes please DX, any help they can provide would be great......I've checked the bill and is was correct....the previous few quarters had been estimated readings as opposed the actuals which were considerably more hence the big final bill

hello ND

didn't see it was you

of course done!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...