British Gas forced entry & fitted PP meter for prev tenants debt!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who told me because the boiler had been stood, not working, for 5 days, it was now considered to be decommissioned and needs a full service, at my LL`s cost.

They are insisting on another boiler service despite the last one being 4 weeks ago

So every time we go on a long weekend or holiday, we need to have our boiler serviced - the jokes don't get any better than this.

British Gas owner Centrica has warned that UK domestic energy bills could go up again this winter, as it reported a rise in half year profits

Centrica's adjusted operating profit rose 9% to £1.58bn for the six months to 30 June, up from £1.45bn for the same period in 2012.

They couldn't possibly pay any compensation from profits as low as £3bn per year.

Well, ive just gone for a run, blew off a few cobwebs ( may not be wise considering the need for a shower is alien to me right now) - ive spoke to a Journalist who has seen all the evidence, she was in my home, discovered the warrant was illegal herself ect and fingers X`d its going to be a big story. I have asked for the payment they offered to be split between CAG, Reptile Rescue and Us ( i want to treat the kids to a little getaway, just us).

Without this place, i have no doubt things would have been worse. Even just letting me blow off steam meant a lot and with so much going on, others from CAG helping me here , on FB and Twitter....has kept my sanity.

Well just had a call from a very nice guy from Sam Laidlaws Office. They are dealing with the issue at the highest level and are sending a engineer to switch the gas supply on. He does not know anything about boilers being decommissioned, and people certainly do not have to use a BG engineer. Im assured that it will be on today, and the major issues will be addressed next week. They are aware i will be issuing County Court Proceedings unless they make a reasonable offer.

Fingers X`d this time.

Also Noteworthy is this :-

Ive been told that the issue around the warrant may not be a legal issue. Occasionally they have to issue The Occupier warrants because of a concern about gas safety. Now that was not the case with me. They sent me a letter addressed in my name , posted the Friday before the PPM was installed, by virtue of that fact alone, they knew the property was in my name before they went to Court. The letter states its for a debt of nearly £1000, not a considered reason there could be a safety issue.

So the saga continues. Hopefully a hot shower will be mine before 8pm tonight :?:

I'm hoping we are going to see Crotalus all over the papers and TV news very soon.

I'm hoping so too, I've just passed this along to a national journo I know, they're very keen to speak with their various editors about it.

Well, ive just gone for a run, blew off a few cobwebs ( may not be wise considering the need for a shower is alien to me right now) - ive spoke to a Journalist who has seen all the evidence, she was in my home, discovered the warrant was illegal herself ect and fingers X`d its going to be a big story. I have asked for the payment they offered to be split between CAG, Reptile Rescue and Us ( i want to treat the kids to a little getaway, just us).

Without this place, i have no doubt things would have been worse. Even just letting me blow off steam meant a lot and with so much going on, others from CAG helping me here , on FB and Twitter....has kept my sanity.

Well just had a call from a very nice guy from Sam Laidlaws Office. They are dealing with the issue at the highest level and are sending a engineer to switch the gas supply on. He does not know anything about boilers being decommissioned, and people certainly do not have to use a BG engineer. Im assured that it will be on today, and the major issues will be addressed next week. They are aware i will be issuing County Court Proceedings unless they make a reasonable offer.

Fingers X`d this time.

Well now, this looks very positive. Please let us know if they do indeed switch you back on today :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm hoping so too, I've just passed this along to a national journo I know, they're very keen to speak with their various editors about it.

Excellent thank you. I`ll be more than happy to speak to them as it just gets more confusing as we go. Seems to have got BG employees` rattled. The engineer came out and said in all his 20 years he had never had his boss tell him to drop everything, a high end complaint has made its way to Centrica and he has to connect me. Poor fella was a bit concerned what he was walking into but he even stroked one of my Boas and commented on the empty Viv the deceased snake once occupied.

Well i now have Gas! Oh Glory Be! Both them and i know this wont go away, ive still got to find another home because of this, the pet is still dead, my son is still scared and im still livid. At least im clean and livid!

Well i now have Gas! Oh Glory Be! Both them and i know this wont go away, ive still got to find another home because of this, the pet is still dead, my son is still scared and im still livid. At least im clean and livid!

This is good news you have your gas supply connected. It is not going to be so easy for BG to resolve your other problems, a scared child and the search for a new home. This still has a long way to go.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Excellent thank you. I`ll be more than happy to speak to them

I didn't get your number earlier - I don't believe you can PM it to me either as you're too new to the forums.. Can an admin pm me with it so I can pass it along? Or - hey there admins - can I pm Crotalus with the journo's email? I don't want to spend ages trying to do it then find I haven't got the right permissions or something.

I'm so glad you have the gas on.

You still have a long way to go, and I'm sure we'll all have ideas of things you can claim for which will be totally justified.

As you say, you still have to move.

Have a good shower.

(I have just got back from a journey which took over three hours - should have been 40 minutes - due to crash on the motorway and traffic jams on all the alternative routes too. Totally shattered.)

xx

I didn't get your number earlier - I don't believe you can PM it to me either as you're too new to the forums.. Can an admin pm me with it so I can pass it along? Or - hey there admins - can I pm Crotalus with the journo's email? I don't want to spend ages trying to do it then find I haven't got the right permissions or something.

Best way to grab a site teams attention is to wave chocolate or beer, it will soon get us here, just kidding it would be best to click on the grey triangle at the bottom left of the posting, it will get read almost straight away and we can deal.

I have to say yay :whoo: great news, I wouldnt stay with them though crotalus, They dont deserve your's or any one else's custom. If you dont feel comfortable in doing that then perhaps you LL will do when you are gone.

subbing in thanks to the cag fb page

• Confused 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello GM, hope you are well :) Thanks for letting us know that the CAG FB page is also spreading the word.

BCOBS

Hi everyone,

As its been quite rightly pointed out, this has a long way to go. I do have gas now but its pretty pointless really as my son wont return home and we are staying with his Dad ( my ex partner), luckily we are still great friends.

I have had a couple of days R&R but want to assure everyone, this isnt going away, i would hate this to happen to anyone else. I have far from got i what i wanted, BG have damaged my family and my life so the only way forward is County Court. I just need to find a pro bono solicitor now who will be willing to help me.

The newspaper interview i gave, i should hear if it will make the papers tomorrow, it bloody well should do!

Your local Citizen Advice Bureau might have a list of solicitors that will either help for free or reduced fees.

BCOBS