Cancelling CPA with Lender - 30 days only?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the first time I've come across this. I cancelled/withdrawn authorisation for CPA with peachy (I also informed bank so I think I'm safe) and I thought it was sorted. About a month later I got an email saying they had failed to collect the payment from my card and they would keep trying. I sent them a reply back stating that I had withdrawn authorisation for CPA and any payments would be returned by my bank etc. They then sent me this in the reply:

Please note that a continuous-payment authority is not covered by any

bank guarantee and can only be cancelled by the business that holds

the authority (and we did so for 30 days which we are bound to do by

law and no longer).Is this true? When you cancel CPA with a lender are you in fact only suspending it for 30 days? What about if you tell the bank not to allow these payments, is that for 30 days or permanantly?

Thanks,

Albert

Hi AlbertH,

In another post I have read that the bank has cancelled CPA for 90 days.

In my opinion the reason the bank is limiting is probably that if you setup a CPA with the company again in the future you would like it to be honored.

Regardless, in my opinion, Peachy is not allowed to reinstate the CPA (as they need your agreement for this to do so, as you have terminated the CPA). I would respond to them stating that you have not re-instated or give them permission to re-instate the CPA, therefore you consider any money they take under the cancelled CPA or any CPA they have re-instated without your explicit permission as fraudulent transaction which you will report to your bank, the FOS, and the police. They are also liable for any costs in doing so and for any bank charges this might incur.

24/7 Moneybox: 195.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

British Pearl/Spondoolies: 752.10 - Oustanding: 0.00

Cash on go/Peachy: 206.30 - Oustanding: 0.00

EarlyPayday: 325.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Lending Stream: 1398.46 - Oustanding: 0.00

MicroLend: 780.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Minicredit: 520.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

MonthEndMoney/PaydayUK: 937.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

MrLender: 715.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Pounds2Pocket: 2328.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

QuickQuid: 1800.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SafeLoans: 450.50 - Oustanding: 0.00

Speed-E-Loans: 516.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

SwiftSterling: 1295.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

Toothfairy Finance: 544.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

TxtLoan: 450.00 - Oustanding: 0.00

WageDayAdvance: 670.80 - Oustanding: 0.00

Wonga: 1336.86 - Oustanding: 0.00

Total: 15220.52 - Oustanding: 0.00

Hi

I would forward that letter to the OFT. The CPA can be cancelled with either the lender OR the bank so what they are telling you is untrue.

Once a CPA is cancelled, it cannot be re-instated without your permission (which of course you won't be giving)

Just to be on the safe side, write a letter to your bank instructing them again as some banks still don't follow the rules

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would actually get the FCA involved here. The regulation is VERY clear, and cannot be changed according to the whim of a policy maker in a bank.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D