MBNA (Varde Investment Ltd) Debt issue after bankruptcy discharge

rjj1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can help,

I went bankrupt in May 2010, included in this was £3000 to a Virgin (MBNA) credit card, I was discharged in May 2011, after looking at my credit report today I noticed I have a CCJ in March 2012, I contacted the courts and they told me it was from Varde Investments who bought the debt from MBNA.

What I want to know is how to get this CCJ removed, I know I can apply to the courts to have it removed and pay £80 but then I guess Varde could just reapply the CCJ and I'd be back to square one, How do I get it removed?

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi rjj and welcome to CAG

There is no such thing as getting a CCJ " removed " you make application using the N244 to set a side the judgment...your reasons would be as stated above.The CCJ just cant be applied you would have received a N1 Summons from Northampton and the opportunity to present a defence. Did you never receive it or have you moved address recently?

Hence their default judgment of March 2012 .

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I have moved since then, I moved just after going bankrupt in 2010 so any letters or summons did not reach me, who do I contact to have it set aside, the courts or Varde or MBNA? I just don't want the courts to set it aside and then Varde reapply for it and put it back on there, thanks

You can of course contact Varde and explain the above and your intention to set a side......they come to an agreement to accept and make the set a side easier (IE no hearing fee only £45)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread