Lyndsay v Barclays ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Finding this site great, and have now started my own claim.

Got my statements from Barclays,no problem, arrived quickly and got my £10 back.Sorted throught them and my claim will be for £1480.

Just applied online for a new current account cos my main fear is they'll shut my account down cos I'm overdrawn at the moment, is it quite common for them to shut it down?

I know it's the easy way but I think I'd settle for half cos can't be bothered with the hassle of the rest of it!!Lazy bugger that I am!!!!

Anyway have got my letter ready so as soon as my new account is open I'll post it off and keep you all informed.

Lyndsay

Hi and Welcome.

I too am still overdrawn in my Barclays account but my current claim will clear it.

Barclays are not known to close accounts just because of these claims. It's not really in their interest to do so, but it's always a possibility so a parachute account is always advisable.

As I understand it, the banks must give you a months' notice if they are of a mind to close it (giving you time to transfer DD's etc)but also, I further believe that the banks have an agreement that they will not tamper with an account which is in dispute as ours are.

Hope this helps you

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

I'm in the same position too, overdrawn but with a claim that'll eventually clear it.

I opened my parachute early on though and transferred everything accross; direct debits, standing orders and all regular inward payments. The whole process was a lot easier than I ever expected, and my new bank even matched my existing account overdraft limit. So it all worked out vey well. It means my Barclays account is now virtually dormant and I can afford to sit back and let Barclays play all the silly little delaying games they want. It's a nice feeling!!

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Been patiently waiting for Barclays to get back to me and they finally did yesterday.They offered me 750, so half of what I was claiming form.

I'm really tempted to accept it with Christmas coming but I'm think I'll give them a ring and see if I can get more over the phone. I know some people have done this - but what exactly do I say!

Thanks

Lyndsay

If you have to pose a question asking about what to say to them then maybe it's not such a good idea to ring them. What happens if they ask you a question that you don't know the answer to? You going to ring them back once you come back here and ask us what reply to give?

I'm not trying to be harsh here but they are playing with claimants' emotions, moreso now with the pressures of providing for Christmas looming.

If you decide to phone them, good luck but written communication is far safer.

Good Luck in deciding whether to accept the offer or not. You won't get any criticism either way because people are in different situations and difficult financial positions.

Welshman

Hi,

I decided to give Barclays a ring and see if they would up the offer and they did by £200 - so I'm accepting this. My claim was for £1480 and they offered £950. I know I could have hung on and started the court procedure but as mentioned in other messages, Christmas is coming and my overdraft is getting fat!

Thanks for the advice and help from this website, I'm now going to have a very Merry Christmas!

Lyndsay

If you're happy Lyndsay, then I'm very pleased for you.

Don't forget to fill in the survey and a donation would assist CAG to continue to survive and help others achieve what you have. The button to donate is on the right of the survey page.

Have a nice Christmas.

Welshman