bank arrestment - council tax Please help ****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this and im looking for some advice to help my mum. Unfortunately my mums bank account has been frozen by Charles Anderson Glasgow sheriff officers!

As i am aware she had a payment scheme with them but fell behind and her last payment was late.Not that I am making excuses but we have just lost my gran and my mum has not been herself lately. They have taken £1700 that was in her account. This was money that my gran left to her!!!

After speaking to the company they said that there was nothing that can be done to resolve this she was default on her payment scheme but surely there is something ???

My mum is not working at the moment and is receiving benefits. She has been advised to sign the mandate so that the money can be taken but she will not sign this.

The bank have said there is nothing they can do the money is in her account and they can take it! Can someone please advise if there is anything we can do she has nothing to live on and that money was all she had left.

please help

(A worried daughter)

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Hello and Welcome,

Your mum will have already had a Summary Warrant and Charge for Payment allowing the Sheriff's Officers to use diligence to enforce your mums Council Tax arrears, been there myself.

You say they have 'taken' the money already, who's asking her to sign a mandate, the bank ?

I'd phone the Sheriff Officers and try to get them to accept another payment plan rather than taking the whole amount.

I know when they arrested my account I never had the funds to cover the debt and I had to wait 5 years to get access to the account again.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I hate to say it but the chances of The Sheriff Officers returning the money is non existent, as Maroondevo states they have the right to do this under the terms of the Summary Warrant so long as Charge for Payment has been served.

The only way this type of action can be avoided in Scotland is never to be in credit above the ring fenced figure of £415.00. (overdrafts cannot be touched) I realise that this is not what you want to hear, however there is no recourse on this one and they will get the funds at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen to me and ended up signing the mandate along with a cheque for the rest of the balance,the cheque was cashed,then 5 months later the same thing bank account frozen again as they said the mandate was not returned even when i explained cheque and mandate were posted together bank had money still frozen I had to sort this out by myself as company were unwilling to do so, I took new mandate to their office and got receipt as proof, my advice give them the mandate as they will just keep freezing the account.