Lowell Portfolio & Vodafone debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Got in from work today to find a letter in the post from the above company, saying I owe £1443.97, period covered 09/10/2008 - 01/08/2009

I would never leave anything like this outstanding, it's a disgusting amount, on the other side of the letter it says the different line rental usage i.e. £45 - £45 - usage - £841.37 etc

then a early termination fee of £481.81?

I don't understand any of this! Got me worried! What do I do? Ignore? Say that I have had nothing outstanding in the past?

And why has get in touch now after all these years?

Thanks

Karl

The debt may be on your credit record, so do check.

I would suggest that you contact the original creditor phone company to find out why there is a debt outstanding. Did you lose or pass on a contracted phone, without cancelling the contract ?

See if you can contact the phone companies complaints dept. to find out more information and follow it up in writing.

Once you have a dispute registered with the phone company, I would suggest you write to Lowell advising this.

You need to take this seriously, as Lowell may apply for a CCJ or worse Bankruptcy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The other letter that was included was from Vodafone saying

Dear Mr ******

We're writing to let you know that on the 29/06/2011, your vodafone account which has an outstanding balance of £1443.97 was assigned to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd

The balance on your account is made up of the following :-

Outstanding Call Charges/Line Rental:-£982.05

Early Termination Fee:-£461.92

= Total Amount Due:-£1443.97

What this means for you

Because your debt has now been assigned to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd, you should note the following points carefully:-

From now on, please send all payments to clear your debt straight to Lowell Financial who are appointed debt collection agents of Lowel Portfolio I Ltd at the address shown below.

If you're making regular payments , you shouldn't change or stop them for any reason, except it would be easier for you to make your payments directly to Lowell Financial from this date onwards.

If you have any questions, call Lowell Financial on 0113 308 6039 or write to:

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

These charges don't affect the Terms and Conditions of your original Vodafone contract.

Finallt, if you've settled your debt in full in the last few days please disregard this letter and than you for your payment.

Yours sincerely

Tracey Swenne

Senior Manager - Credit & Collections.

What the hell is going on?

A SAR is a Subject Access Request and is used as a way of getting the company to reveal all they hold on you on their systems. Have a look here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

Unfortunately the SAR will cost £10 (but it could be £10 well spent) - send a Postal order and make sure you send it recorded delivery, they have to comply with your request within 40 calendar days.

Hi Karl,

I can appreciate that this has come as quite a shock.

If you'd like me to look into things further could you email me with your details via Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Karl,

I can appreciate that this has come as quite a shock.

If you'd like me to look into things further could you email me with your details via Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee

Have filled out & sent contact form, have not received reference number yet.

Cheers

Hi Karl,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee, hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Kindest Regards

Karl

Hi Karl,

It's just a quick post to let you know that I'll be getting back to you later today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee

I have checked my credit file and it only shows the 3 Telford addresses I mentioned to you on the phone.

I am now a bit concerned this might not even be my debt! If you are telling me it doesn't connect to the 3 addresses already given.

Thanks

Karl