SKY configuration change has stopped my MULTI ROOM

jsaintee99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Sky multiroom had both boxes in the same room with the links going to TV's throughout the house. With one SKY+HD box and one SKY+ box. SKY have stopped using the 'thomson' sky + box and according to them now only use the SKY+ HD box. They have recpnfigured their system of sending which means the Thomson box they installed does not now work! They will replace it with a SKY+HD box AND NOTHING ELSE, This would give me two identical boxes in the same location which use the same hand controller and therefore act agaisnt each other and take away all multi room functionality. Only solution they are offering is to put teh second sky box in another room which if ypou think about it still leaves me with teh same problem as the hand controller operates through teh infra red links throughout teh house. My multi room installation has therefore been totally removed and can only operate as a two room facility - SKY seem to be stuck when tehy look at this because they have stopped using a seperate SKY + box. if anyone understands my problem from the above - HELP. I am finding SKY totally unhelpful.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I don't really understand your problem. But if what your saying is that you have the boxes in one room and your tvs in other rooms then that is the problem, if you have one Sky+HD box connected to your TV in one room then there is no issue with having your multiroom Sky+HD box installed in a room next door, if you have more than 2 tv you want to be able to view Sky on you'll need a box for each TV. They don't sell the old thomson boxes anymore, you can get a non-recordable SkyHD box, a Sky+ HD box or a 2TB Sky+ HD box. You could try using a tv link/magic eye but thats not endorseed by Sky so if that doesn't work then its not Sky's problem.

Sky have not reconfigured their sending so i am unsure what you mean by this.

If you have had a new box on the last few weeks you may mean the box does not have a rf connection which can be overcome, if not then there is something wrong somewhere.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)