• Tweets

• I agree with my site team colleague above. We need to know all the facts including which company you are dealing with and an explanation of the problem. It really is too difficult to start giving speculative advice on some speculative problem that you have laid out as a generalised scenario
    • Moorcroft are sending a rep round to my house this week. What is the best way to handle this? Ignore and not answer the door or engage with them? I haven't acknowledged anything since I started on this journey and defaulted on my cards in December 2022
    • Very sorry but with the best will in the world, I don't think we can at all understand what the situation is here. Please can you try rewriting this on a word processor and maybe send a copy of what you have written to a friend and working out together so that the story is complete but as brief as possible. Maybe a list of dates as well. If you can do that and then repost your story we can have a look
    • Hi, I am a local authority tenant and was in a 3 bed house. At the end of last year, my last child moved out and so did my spouse as we are now going through a divorce which meant that I was in the house alone and decided that I needed to downsize not only for myself but to offer the property to a family that needed it. I registered on the local authority housing bidding site as i was asked to do and I was accepted and given a priority banding as I was downsizing and they were desperate for my house. I have been extremely lucky and after about 6 weeks was accepted for a new build from a housing association via the housing gateway. I viewed the property 2 weeks ago and had to sign the tenancy last week when they were doing bulk signups for the houses and that is the day I moved. In between viewing and sign up, I contacted my current local authority landlord and asked how I give notice as I had been accepted for a property I had bid on and was moving.  The lady told me how to do it online and then said that I needed to give a full weeks notice which wasnt a problem as I had enough time.  (I was also told a weeks notice was what i would need to give by another staff member about a month ago when I phoned up for another housing related question.  I dont have any of this in writing.) I have now moved, handed back the keys and I am now being told that I need to give 4 weeks notice which I cannot afford. I hav e spoken to the council again explaining that I was told a week and that to be honest, if I knew they were going to charge me 4 weeks I would not have been able to move and would have stayed in the other house.  I thought I was doing the right thing. They said that calls are recorded and they asked me when I called in and was told a week and they would listen to the telephone conversation and if it was correct what I was told, they would see what they could do to reduce the notice period. They have now emailed me back and said that they have listened to the conversation and the lady said 4 weeks notice and I am liable for 4 weeks rent.  Now I may well of misheard her when I thought she said a full weeks notice she may have said 4 weeks notice but I am sure she said a full weeks notice and i was told a week by another member of staff a few weeks ago. I have emailed her back and said that I may of misheard but I would like to listen to the phone recording myself.  As yet they havent responded. I think its unreasonable for them to make me give 4 weeks when I had to sign the new tenancy with little notice or loose the property.  And it was all done through their gateway, and they will have a tenant in there pretty much straight away getting rent from them. I am on a very low income, I am on my own, I have serious medical issues and I am really getting myself stressed out over this. Any advice would be so appreciated.  Can I insist they let me listed to the recording? RH  
    • Susan Crichton is at the Inquiry today. She seems to have trouble remembering a lot of things but seems to find it easier if it's something that shows her in a good light.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Phobias, a subconcious memory or something else?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a couple of phobia/fears, two of which I know exactly where they stem from, and I am getting better at dealing with them.

However I have a couple of others that I have no clue where they stemmed from, but have always had them from as far back as my parents could remember!

One is anything round my neck, such as a scarf, or even a top that has a collar that remotely touches my neck - I feel as if I'm being choked, it's quite a panicky feeling - apparantly I was like it when I was very small too, and freaked out when my parents put a dress on me that had a high neckline!

Some think this could stem from a previous life, and if my other fear/phobia is anything to go by they could be on to something.

Anybody else with fears or phobia that they don't know where they came from?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

:lol:

Oh Janie, you made me laugh about your daughter with the crumpets!!

Feet are pretty gross huh?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

My daughter can't eat crumpets unless they're upside down, so the she can't see the 'holey' side!

She'd better not google 'Lotus seed pod' then...

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4837660.stm

There is an interesting article on why people develop phobias in the link above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I break out in a rash when I hear the Proclaimer's sing !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4837660.stm

There is an interesting article on why people develop phobias in the link above.

Someone must have told the lady with the pea phobia that giving birth was like shelling peas :lol:

I have a very irrational fear of empty swimming pools, as in with no water in them, I have no clue where it could have come from either.

I have a very irrational fear of empty swimming pools, as in with no water in them, I have no clue where it could have come from either.

You never dived in one when you were younger, did you ? :)

You never dived in one when you were younger, did you ? :)

Nope that's just it - I never swam whatsoever because I had an ear condition from being a baby and had operations on my ears, so swimming was out of the question!

Which makes it even more strange....

Nope that's just it - I never swam whatsoever because I had an ear condition from being a baby and had operations on my ears, so swimming was out of the question!

Which makes it even more strange....

Whats that bump on your heid then :p

Whats that bump on your heid then :p

It's my horns :lol:

Men with arachnophobia may be justified if you watch this

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Oh no, I see the title and I just can't watch it :!:

It's not as dramatic as the title, but the effects of certain spider bites need DRASTIC treatment and they effect a certain part of the male anatomy! (google priapism if your curiosity allows ya :p)

I don't have any phobias that I'm aware of other than very slight acrophobia (Fear of heights) and that was due to a close accident.

Phobias have 2 main areas to tackle them.

1st is flooding. Overload the brain with as much of what you fear as possible, and when you realise nothing bad is happening, you lose the fear.

2nd is CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which is sitting down and talking to a psychiatrist about the issues, finding the root and resolving things.

Both should be talked through with a professional 1st.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lmfaooooo!!! :lol:

Through my life I've had 5 phobias/fears, but one of those is fire/fireworks, which I'd say was a pretty normal fear anyway!

The other 4 don't really affect my life, as it's not often I come across swimming pools with no water in :lol: but I do have to turn away if there's one on TV, and have only ever come across one face to face while on holiday, I thought I was going to collapse :!:

The high collar/anything round the neck thing doesn't affect me at all, as I just don't wear anything like that.

The other is small people :|, I mean I'm not tall myself, I'm only 5ft, but I mean really small people - I'm not 100% certain where it came from, but I do think it came from a visit to a circus when I was about 3yrs old! That can be a difficult one, and I could slap myself round the face, as there is no way I could ever forgive myself if I were to offend anyone. One time I was in the supermarket, and there was a small lady, with her daughter who was also small - she asked my OH if he would reach something for her, I did my best to keep calm, and breathe slowly, but the shakes and sweating started pretty quick, I go pale as well, so my husband just told her I had a tummy virus. Thank God that's my only encounter up to now.

But the last one I know for certain where it came from, and I have got much better - I have a fear of wings flapping round my head! When I was about 2yrs old (and I remember it like it was yesterday), I was in my pushchair, and a huge Rook swooped down and we think tried to grab the clips I had in my hair, it got it's talons caught up in my hair, and was flapping like a gooden - so my Mother and my Mothers Aunt decided to batter it with their handbags, but were also hitting me around the head :lol:

Having all the birds come in our garden to be fed has helped a lot with that, although my skin does still prickle when a Crow or any Jackdaws swoop down!