Idem Claim form - Lloyds Loan -***Claim Discontinued***

Tiredngrumpy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Had a Lloyds loan taken out in '97.

It ended up with BLS with interest frozen and paying token payments.

It currently stands at about £7.5k.

I opened a case a couple of weeks ago for PPI and around the same time an envelope came through the post.

It contained two letters, one from Idem stating they now own the loan and one that was made to look like a notice of assignment from Lloyds but I think it's a fake!

- When you lay one over the other, the QR code and various reference numbers all line up exactly as if they've knocked up the two letters together.

I phoned Lloyds on their Fraud number and explained the situation and the guy suspected it of being fraudulent

but had no records available on my account where it is so old.

I phoned BLS who confirmed that the account had been sold to idem.

I have since had a letter asking me to set up a payment plan with them.

When I phoned about it and explained that I had a regular payment set up with BLS they weren't interested

and told me they were sending out an income and expenditure form and that the account will be 'on hold' for 1 month.

Is this a ploy to make me default?

I don't mind paying back what I owe but ONLY if they play fair!

Should I ask to see a deed of asignment and CCA?

My only concern is that I currently have a mortgage and want to move house in a year

or two so don't really want any adverse credit rating from this.

Does an outstanding PPI claim count as 'in dispute'?

Thanks.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are others who will no doubt advise you better than I but

1). If your debt has been sold to IDEM you should receive a Notice of Assignment from them.

2). I believe that you do not have the right to see the Deed of Assignment as this normally covers the tranche of debts acquired by the DCA and is considered to be a confidential document.

3). You should as a matter of course, check your Credit Reference Agency status to ensure there is nothing untoward on your statement

4). You should request a copy of your CCA from IDEM, they are duty bound to supply this for a fee of £1 in 10 + 2 working days. There are letters available on this site to guide you on how you request this.

5). Dependent on the result of 4). above will determine how you proceed, no CCA puts the account in dispute and you do not have to pay until/unless this CCA is produced, n.b. this does not mean you do not owe the debt.

6). Another very important point is when did you last make a payment in respect of this debt?

I have probably missed a few points here, but I don't think I have misinformed you , there are others who will doubtless correct me. Keep calm, follow actions through logically and you should get the best result you can

FINALLY STAY OFF THE PHONE, ALL CORROSPONDENCE IN WRITING PLEASE

12+2 working days for the CCA

i'd get an sar off to Lloyds

if you've not already got the statements

as I bet you'll have penalty charges too?

PPI does not place an account in dispute

are you doing the PPI yourself?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Wooldra!

I meant to say notice of assignment. Sorry, getting used to new terms here.

Re payments: There have been a couple of payments to BLS since the date that idem took over due to me not receiving notice of the transfer until a couple of months after it occurred.

idem have provided their account details but I haven't paid them anything yet. My next payment is due in a couple of weeks but I'm not sure who to pay, if at all?

good we wouldn't want to see you fleeced by a CMC.

i'd stick to paying the oc/BLS till the DCA replies to your CCA request.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I phoned Lloyds on their Fraud number and explained the situation and the guy suspected it of being fraudulent

but had no records available on my account where it is so old.

2 things, so the dca sending a notice of assignment is dodgy according to the oc and it's an old account.

If you have a payment plan in place then they have to abide by that as they 'bought' the plan as well so no i&e needed.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I explained to the guy on the fraud line that the letter arrived in the same envelope and had exactly the same layout as the Idem letter which he said was suspicious and possibly fraudulent.

If Idem should honor the original plan should I pay them what I have previously been paying to prove a point OR continue to pay BLS until the CCA shows up (if at all) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I sent off my CCA request and I've checked the Royal mail tracking, it arrived and was signed for on the 5th August.

Today I have received a letter from Idem stating that they have not received my payment and my account has been passed to Arden debt management.

Do I write back stating that I haven't received a reply to my CCA request or should I wait for the 12+2 days to expire from my original request?

The payment I would usually make to BLS is due is a few days, should I pay it to BLS as usual? - Will I avoid any possible default occuring if I do this?

await the cca

i'd doubt a 1997 debt shows on your CRA file now for them to default you.

pers i'd not make payment

dx

and they

I've have now received a letter from Arden and have also started to receive harassment phone calls from them.

I answered one of their calls simply to tell them that I will not deal with them over the phone and I was waiting for idem to respond to my letter.

Lloyds have acknowledged my SAR letter but they've told me I need to visit my local branch to collect the information as I don't have an existing account with them??

I think you will find that Arden are a subsidiary of the same company that owns IDEM, so IF I am correct your debt has been passed to another company within the same group. More knowledgeable people please correct if I am wrong!.

Yes, you are correct. At the bottom of the letter from Arden it says "Arden Credit Management is a trading style of Idem Capital Securities Limited"

With this in mind and the fact that I included a paragraph in my letter instructing them not call me anymore; What action should I take about the ongoing phone calls from Arden? Should I get a letter off to the Arden address just to reinforce things?

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

I wrote a letter to Arden (sent recorded) stating that I had already requested that Idem should stop calling and I also mentioned that I had requested a Notice of Assignement and made a CCA request to Idem.

I received a acknowledgement letter stating that they were looking into my complaint and I have now received a letter which is their final response to my 'complaint'.

The letter states... "Lloyds TSB has written to you and advised you that all of its respective rights, title and interest in respect of your account , including the outstanding balance, have been assigned to Idem Capital Securities Ltd" bla bla. - INCORRECT! Idem sent me something that they'd knocked up to look like it was from Lloyds.

The letter also states that a copy of the Lloyds letter and also a copy of their 'Welcome letter' is enclosed but the only thing enclosed was a FOS leaflet. NO LETTERS!

It goes on to say... "I have requested a copy of your loan agreement and T's & C's from Lloyds and once it is received it will be sent to you. We are confident that the agreement is wholly enforceable and therefore you must take whatever action you consider appropriate, but we will not be releasing you from any obligation."

They obviously didn't read my letter properly as I didn't ask them for anything other than to stop calling. I simply told them I had already made requests to Idem.

My original CCA request and NoA request was received (recorded proof) at Idems office on 5th August so 12 + 2 means that they have defaulted as of last week. Should I write back to them pointing out their incompetence or sit out the 30 days and hit them then?

Thanks for reading!:-)

the 30 days went out the windows years ago.

you send them the failure to comply letter

and if you have been paying anything you stop.

and they

and they

Thank you DX.

The only thing that concerns me a little is that I'm having real problems accessing me credit file.

I tried experian in the past and noddle recently and they refuse to let me proceed due to not being able to i.d me properly.

I'm UK born and have never lived abroad, changed names or anything out of the ordinary so I don't understand what's wrong?

I emailed noddle but they weren't all that helpful tbh.

As I've previously mentioned I really don't want a default or ccj occurring from this as I'd like to move soon but I can't be sure what's on my file at the moment.

What's the worst case scenario here please? - Is there any chance this could go to court and a CCA miraculously appears or something?

Thanks

it would have been defaulted years ago and dropped off the dra file

so will never return.

ok theres a remote poss of a CCJ, but something smells here

like why would a big multi national sell a debt

on

if there nowt wrong

they would have gone you court years ago

whats the PPI worth

and

whats the debt balance.

dx

and they

ERM... I can't really say what the PPI is worth as I increased the amount of borrowing a couple of times and can't recall whether the term was extended or at what point I defaulted. I would guess maybe a few hundred?

The amount remaining is about 7.5k from around £11k.

£7k+ owing on a 1997loan!! what!

have you sar'd Lloyds

to get all the statements and agreements?

something smells bigtime here

there noway Lloyds would sell debt that large if it weren't a lemon.

if you had PPI since 1997 and its been rolledover

to new fefinancing loand

and you've had PPI on those too

you reclaim will be in the £1000's

dx

and they

Yes, SAR'd Lloyds and awaiting a response to say its ready for local collection from a nominated branch.

I must have only paid off about 2yrs worth of debt before defaulting.

It was before the time of IVAs and citizens advice helped me arrange token payments and frozen interest.

The payments started at a few pounds and I'd only get a call about once a year asking for an increase which I usually negotiated to a couple of pounds extra a month.

My repayments never reached more than £50 and nobody ever harrased me about it.

One thing that really annoyed me at the time of getting into problems was that the bank manager ended up calling my parents and telling them about my situation.

He had absolutely no right to do this and as well as it being a complete breach of confidentiality, both my parents had illnesses and the worry he caused didn't help!

it is unusual for lenders to increase a loan amount

you normally have to sign a new agreement

from memory, did this ever happen?

dx

and they

The only issue I've had with experian etc was when my local council miss-spelt my address (voters list).

Had to wait months for an update to be issued to experian etc, could it be that simple for you - current or a previous address..