Parking Eye,But Had Ticket!! *** Ticket Cancelled***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have recently had a great time in the lake district, now about a fortnight later I have had a parking charge from parking eye

for a car park in Hawkshead. Through the holiday we used many car parks including the one in Hawkshead twice.

So of course we had a ticket for every car park visited. surly they should provide a photograph of my car with no ticket.

Of course I didn't keep the ticket, I have been driving for forty odd years and have never ever kept tickets.

Comments/advise please.

You do not have to pay this or worry about paying it. Read up on ParkingEye Ltd on this and other forums.I believe you will have to contact ParkingEye but others will add more info tomorrow. Hawkshead are not happy either.... http://www.hawkshead-village.co.uk/ Check the news bit.

Edited by armadillo71

Thanks for your reply and your link to Hawkshead. Incidentally I have just noticed what the last paragraph states on the invoice, it says " We would like to remind you that,if you were the driver at the time of the parking event you are required to pay or appeal the parking charge"

See, if you were the driver. Well there is one answer to that.

Click ignore and follow the advice in the popup

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

shezza2, I would suggest writing to them with a copy to the Hawkshead local paper telling them that refuse to pay their parking charge as they have obvoiusly claimed that your 2 visits are 1 and demand proof of overstay or admit fraud by PE. Compalin bitterly that this has been a problem with Parking eye in many places and refer to the McDonald's case on Watchdog. Hopefuly that will result in a cancellation but if you get a rejection of this accusation of fraud by "double dipping" then take the matter to POPLA, which will cost PE money and time to find all of the relevant images so they will probably drop it,knowing they are in the wrong but never admitting as much (if they admitted their ANPR system was faulty they would be hammered in court).

karengreen, no you do not ignore a court summons, reply to it saying you intend to defend the claim in its entirety and that a full defence will be sent within the prescribed time. Then come back here with the exact wording of the Particulars of Claim so we can tell you what you need to say to defend the claim. Doing nothing will result in PE winning and you being legally chased for a debt that you dont actually owe.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376270-parking-eye-parking-charge-notice

Moving Karen's post to her own thread which is linked above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi all I have noticed that on the bottom of the parking note sent by parking eye it say's " If you were the driver at the time of the event you must pay the charge now or appeal" Now to me that means, if you WERE the driver? also it means pay up now OR appeal. What do you think.

Driver or Registered Keeper, don't pay!

But don't ignore it. (Neither admit to being the Driver when they contact the RK.)

Read the Stickys and the box when you put your mouse on parking eye, and take it from there.

Come back for specific help as the matter progresses

Hi all Further to my earlier threads regarding me having a ticket and Parking Eye still wanting £100 this was my response....

"Please supply a photograph of car windscreen showing lack of parking ticket or over stay of time"

I also added......"May I draw your attention to the last paragraph on your parking charge reminder"

It states " We would like to remind you that,if you were the driver at the time of the parking event you are required to pay or appeal the parking charge"

I would also add that I was not the driver.

Outcome = Parking charge dropped..........Yay.

Outcome = Parking charge dropped..........Yay.

Great.

I understand your elation (and why not?) but don't be grateful.

How many just pay up, encouraging them to try the same elsewhere, as often as possible?

These Sсammers should not have put you in that position in the first place.

They tried it on to get your money, but like most bullies, withdrew at the hint of a contest.

Others, please note - and be grateful to Shezza for showing it is possible.

Have you heard about Parking Eye's latest money making scheme? When they are told to drop a court case by the likes of Aldi or another supermarket, they are saying that they will only drop the case if the motorist pays them £50 to cover the "expense" of preparing the court papers. If they don't receive that money then they say they will press on with the court case. I have spoken to Aldi about this and they are saying they agree with PE about this . So it looks as though PE are in charge here, and not the supermarket.

If they press ahead after Aldi have told them to drop a case then regardless of anything else, i.e if, in the extremely unlikely event that Parking Eye do have a contract with the landowner, then permission to pursue that ticket is withdrawn.

Aldi can't have it both ways. Again it would be a cost to Parking Eye's business as they and they alone decided to issue a frivolous claim.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper