Pleease Help Me Fill Out The Spreadsheet!!

leighsmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm getting so frustrated here, trying to work out the interest owed to me!

I've never used an Excell spreadsheet before and have read through the instructions but I just can't come up with a formula to make it calculate the 0.22% daily interest for me. What do I type? And where??

I have just sat here for nearly two hours working out manually the number of days since each charge (doh!!) but I'm the least mathematical person going (probably the reason I'm in this fix in the first place) and just can't work it out.

Can anybody help? Please??

You haven't looked!!!?? Shame on you!

Anyway, the dates and figures in the spreadsheet are made up - you just click in the 'cell' and type the correct date of the charge over the first date in the list, then change the £10 in that row for the REAL charge amount. The spreadsheet will work out the number of days for you and calculate the interest at the end of that row.

It will also calculate a total at the bottom.

You must remember that if you have incurred less charges than the dummy ones, to delete the amount (£10) from the list of the ones that you DIDN'T incur or it will take them into account too when you are really not owed them.

I hope that last bit makes sense.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I've looked, honest!!!!

But my computer hasn't got the same programme - Excel 97 or whatever - and I got an error message saying I couldn't use the template spreadsheet. So I've done one from scratch on a Microsoft word spreadsheet. Does that make me dumb?? Will I ever get my money back?????? Can you help me any more, Dave? Thanks v. much!!!

Fair point Leighsmum, I will save it in an earlier format, and I will (I know I've been promising this for a while) write a javascript site for people without Excel so that they can do it on-line.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Fair point Leighsmum, I will save it in an earlier format, and I will (I know I've been promising this for a while) write a javascript site for people without Excel so that they can do it on-line.

Probably easier if I do it for you in Open Office, and it can be posted in the same thread as Excel, with a link to download Open Office at the same time...I'll do it tomorrow (was going to do it today but just been for a delicious curry...burp!)

I'll also see if there is a way to do a tabular calculation in Word as well...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Probably easier if I do it for you in Open Office, and it can be posted in the same thread as Excel, with a link to download Open Office at the same time...I'll do it tomorrow (was going to do it today but just been for a delicious curry...burp!)

I'll also see if there is a way to do a tabular calculation in Word as well...

Spicy

Don't forget to put the loo paper in the freezer ready for tomorrow morning !!!! LOL

I've just gone back to the library and downloaded Open Office. It's letting me change some of the figures but I'm too tired (stressed???) to see if it adds it all up for me tonight. I'll have a go in the morning.

Thanks for your help, people. The stuff you do on here is really appreciated.

Just to say I've downloaded the spreadsheet and am using OpenOffice to add the charges and things. If you see =#NAME! or something in the "Days since offence" column you'll need to use the DAYS function, which is the equivalent of Excel's DATEDIFF.

It,s all very confusin to us "non"computer xperts but i will have to get to grips with it all.

When i originally came on i couldn,t download stuff either but it wasn,t a priority as i had all my statements back to 2002 which was enough!So me and my humble calculator added them all up.Lloyds bank will be another story!!!!

I,m waiting for the "D.P.A. to come back from them!

tum te tum......

john r

Thanks Gyro for the tip. I've found the DAYS function but it keeps returning a value of 0 even though I've put the dates in the correct order!

I'm a bit of a klutz with a calculator, lancsman, so wouldn't know where to start with that.

Sorry to be such a pest. I almost feel like giving up!! Sob!!

Hi leighsmum,

I have done the spreadsheet in Open Office, and the calculations work fine. I have submitted it to admin to be loaded to the site, but the guys are very busy, and therefore it may not appear for a day or two.

If you want to PM me with an email address, I will send you a copy...:rolleyes:

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Awww...shucks. It was nothing, honest. :rolleyes:

Here is something I've been working on, don't trust it implicitly though - it's still a work-in-progress and there will be bugs, oh yes there will.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/calccharges.htm

------------

------------

Can I ask, did it work for you?

Are you using Internet Explorer or maybe, Firefox?

------------

------------

It's still not working in IE - the drop-down date selectors are empty...

Odd, they're there if I open it in IE, they just don't display in the results (and the numbers in IE are seen as Not a Number (NaN) for some reason too).

Bugger - I'll get to it, I'm just finishing the 'Court Buddy' system at the moment.

------------

------------

------------

------------

Odd, they're there if I open it in IE, they just don't display in the results (and the numbers in IE are seen as Not a Number (NaN) for some reason too).

Yes, I pulled the code out as text, and tried to go through and find any obvious mistakes...all I could get was NaN too. However, the date (of charge) was not being entered either (was getting \\), and as that is probably the first parameter of the calculation, this is where I was looking for errors.

If I get an answer I will get back to you...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks