CCj - to pay or not

jayp_lolb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a CCJ from 2009 for £379.00 looking for some advice whether or not to leave it for the further 1.5 years too fall of my credit or whether to pay the bill and have it done as satisfied.

I'm worried that if I make contact with the agency then the 6 years will start again. I'm saving up for a mortgage and don't know what is best to do.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi, is anyone pursuing the judgement?

A CCJ is only removed from public records after 6 years it still exists and the debt does not become statute barred.

Who was the claimant on this?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I haven't received a letter regarding it for some time although have moved addresses a few times. It was originally for a £100.00 phone from Littlewoods which although in my name it was my mum who took it out.

I don't know what to do for the best as its affecting my credit but understand that if it is left for 6 years (another 1.5 yrs) it would come off but if i make contact the 6 years will begin again.

Hi, it is of no consequence to the debt that your mother had the phone if the account is in your name.

What contact were you considering, how you word any such communication will be very important.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I was going to pay off the bill over a few months so then it would become satisfied. However is it true that if I made contact with them the 6 years on credit file would begin from when the account is satisfied?

It was the Court I was going to make contact with Northampton.