style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post so please feel free to correct me if I am following the correct etiquette.

A long term relationship ended in 2008 which left me with a large amount of debt, some of this debt was ignored until it caught up with me over the last two years, I have now paid off all these debts but the defaults are still hanging over me, they are dated Sep 2008 and 2 of them for Dec 2008. I understand they will be removed from my credit report next year. Other than these items my credit report shows no late payments. I have no CCJs.

After my relationship ended, I moved away and left no forwarding address, I am sure the companies concerned would have served default notices, but I never received them. Is there anything I can do to legally get these defaults removed. I have written to Cabot and Lowell (the DCAs) but they have ignored my letters.

I am applying for a mortgage soon, but feel it is a pointless exercise until 2015.

Thanks for your help