Petrol lawnmower blade sharpening anybody?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, does anybody know how much it is to have the blade sharpened on petrol lawnmowers?

My Oh has just got a Suffolk Punch petrol lawnmower, and absolute bargain too, it has only been used a couple of times, new condition, and even second hand these babies can go for a couple of hundred, they're £600+ to buy, so £55 was an absolute steal! :-D

Anyway, it's perfectly fine right now, we were just wondering when we need to have it done how much it would be roughly?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Had one of those some time ago great little machines in my view.

If it has only been used a couple of times it should be a long long time before you need sharpening.

However, we had it done once and this was by a blokey who came to the door offering to sharpen knives, shears and the like. He did ours for a tenner but maybe fifteen to twenty these days perhaps.

As I say, I reckon you have an awful lot of cutting to do before you will need a sharpen.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

This one would speed up the lawn mowing process slightly

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have a look online and find a good motorised sharpening stone. They dont cost much at all. Simply switch it on, take the blade off the lawnmower, hold it with gloves at an angle and slowly grind it. Unless it is really blunt, you wont need much pressure or time on the stone at all. You can also use the stone for sharpening any number of tools. Both household and gardening.

You can buy a brand new professional one for around £150, so a second hand on in good condition would be very cheap. Might even be able to hire one from your local hire shop for £10-15 a day or two.

SOmething like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROK-Tools-240v-Bench-Grinder-150mm-RPBG150/190723384571?_trksid=p2047675.m1986&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D29%26meid%3D200641962035231206%26pid%3D100013%26prg%3D1013%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D281098491209%26, but a little bigger. Just make sure you get a good grade on the stone. Too rough and you'll wreck the blade. Too fine and you'll simply be polishing it, not sharpening it.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I like the idea of polishing it renegadeimp :lol:

Thanks guys! And yes ims, it is a cracker! I am not really into machinery, all apart from motorbikes, but I found myself actually thinking it was gorgeous :!:

I think we'll probably get the experts to do it, as I've just about got sharpening my kitchen knives down to a fine art :lol:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I am not really into machinery, all apart from motorbikes, but I found myself actually thinking it was gorgeous

Biker chick are you duckwaddler?

Just had my mower blade sharpened, cost £7. Decided to have a full service, new pull cord blade sharpened etc £25 all in. Included delivery and pick up

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I am not really into machinery, all apart from motorbikes, but I found myself actually thinking it was gorgeous

Biker chick are you duckwaddler?

Just had my mower blade sharpened, cost £7. Decided to have a full service, new pull cord blade sharpened etc £25 all in. Included delivery and pick up

Apart from once being a "biker chick", I'm afraid I'm just plain old duckwaddler :-(:lol:

That is brilliant though UKA, were are you in the country?

Leicester duckwaddler. The person I know is a groundsman at a Golf course in the area.

You were a biker chick?, tell us more.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

:lol: You do make me laugh UKA :lol:

I was once, and many moons ago - 27yrs ago to be precise, a biker chick! I made a few silly mistakes though in my time, one of which was to jump on my then boyfriends new motorbike with no shoes on, gaining myself a full sole blister, although I don't think I had much of a pain threshold back then, had it have been now, and I think I would have died with the pain :lol:

The then boyfriend was a grave digger, which was quite funny considering people look at bikers as the devils spawn or grim reapers in disguise anyway :lol:

I was part of a bike club in Cheshire, but please don't ask me to remember the name of it, too many years have gone by, and to be honest I walked around in a teenage trance most of the time back then lmaoo!!

Most of my family have been into bikes, my Dad owned a Vincent 5000! I'm also very lucky were I live, because the riverside cafe, which is a local stop off point for all the bikers cruising through the dales, so I get to see some beautiful bikes, the only downside to that cafe is, it was once Jimmy Savilles favourite place to hang out too :!:

It was my dream to own my own bike, but sadly it never happened and I'm not in the health to get one now - besides, my OH is very much anti bike, in fact they are one of his fears, he cringes when he sees a bike opening up on the country lanes or motorways rofl!

Oh, and one year I got to go to the Isle of Man when the TT races were on, as it's around my birthday, so I shared a catermaran with tons of bikers, and there's a road there that you're permitted to do any speed you want on too! Amazing, a bikers dream :-)

never seen a duck in leathers! have you a picture! lol :smile:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Lmaooo BobCat :lol

I did wear leathers, "fringed" leathers too, drenched in petuia oil :oops:, and I also wore those black leather straps around my wrist and neck with studs on :!:

:jaw:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Lmaooo BobCat :lol

I did wear leathers, "fringed" leathers too, drenched in petuia oil :oops:, and I also wore those black leather straps around my wrist and neck with studs on :!:

Well after that description we definately want pictures.

Thanks for sharing your story duckwaddler :-D

WARNING TO ALL