2 default notices, 1 default, mismatched dates on file.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a default showing on my credit file.

Having issued a SAR to the creditor I got a pile of paper back, within this were 2 default notices for the same account, one in June 2011 for £500ish and one in August 2011 for £700 ish, no payments were made in between. The default on my file is for the £700 figure and states September as the default date.

Before I take matters further:

Can they issue more than 1 default notice? Should charges have ceased after the first default notice? Does the date on default notices have to match the credit file exactly?

Thanks

J

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Yes the creditor can issue DNs at any time they fee it is warranted so to do. This DOES NOT mean you have two defaults, the DNs are NOT defaults they are as the name suggest a notice of intention to default.

No the DN as said above if just a notice of intention, a default sum may be arrears caused by late payment for example but the debt will obviously be greater.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig,

I understand that its only 1 default but I'm trying to work out which 1 should be showing on my credit file - the first 1, i.e. when they initially defaulted me or the second 1 which they sent a couple of months later with a higher figure on it? it seems unfair that they can issue a default notice and then later issue a further one despite the fact that it was already defaulted? Its not a true representation of the situation - they defaulted me in June, I didn't do anything about it as I didn't know about it, then they added further charges and sent a new notice.

My file is closest to the newer notice although the dates are still a few weeks out - I woudl have thought it should be the same as the notice?

J

Thanks Brig,

I understand that its only 1 default but I'm trying to work out which 1 should be showing on my credit file - the first 1, i.e. when they initially defaulted me or the second 1 which they sent a couple of months later with a higher figure on it? it seems unfair that they can issue a default notice and then later issue a further one despite the fact that it was already defaulted? Its not a true representation of the situation - they defaulted me in June, I didn't do anything about it as I didn't know, then they added further charges and sent a new notice.

My file is closest to the newer notice although the dates are still a few weeks out - I woudl have thought it should be the same as the notice?

J

The final sum will always differ from the ''default sum'' i.e. the reason for the default.

For example a CC debt of £1000.00 with 6 missed payment of £50 = £300.00 the sum needed to stop the default being placed, the amount out the debt will be the £1000.00 plus charges and interest up to termination.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I see - so I need to find out the termination date of the account which will determined if the figure is correct?

...so should the 'default' date on my credit file reflect the termination date not the date of the default notices I've had?

I see - so I need to find out the termination date of the account which will determined if the figure is correct?

...so should the 'default' date on my credit file reflect the termination date not the date of the default notices I've had?

Default Notice Dates, and DEFAULT DATES are not the same thing at all, the default may be placed up to 6 months after the cause of action, i.e. for simplicity when the DN was sent, OR not at all if the default remedied or an arrangement to pay is agreed.

Forget the dates you received a DN it's not relevant to the default date Jo.

Brig.

I see - just another piece of worthless paper then, I assumed they meant something.

Cheers Brig.

Valuable if you can remedy the default in the 14 day time limit so no default is placed otherwise just a notice of what can/will happen.