style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this site and am not very good with Forums. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on the following please:-

On Thursday morning I had a hand delivered letter stating 'Bayliff Removal, payment required within 24 hours'. I phoned the number on the letter and spoke to the Bayliff who was very rude and intimidating. I asked how much I owed and he said £1,440.00. After checking with the Council, the outstanding amount is £1,117.00 (which is owed for the whole of this year until April 2014). I said I didn't have it and could i pay in installments and he said that he would accept £200.00 per month but he would have to come to my premises the next day to issue a 'Walking Possession' I agreed but after reading many posts decided to phone him and tell him I wasn't prepared to let him in my home and there was no need for him to call. He then told me that without this I would need to pay the full amount by Monday (tomorrow).

I phoned Equita direct and complained about this Bayliff concerned asking if i could set up a payment plan with them direct to be told that they are only a call centre and I had to only deal with the Bayliff.

I am prepared to pay this but do not want the Bayliff entering my home. Is there anything I can do and if so what do you advise.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Don't let the bailiff in, and hide any car, deny him a levy and it renders him relatively powerless. theRE IS NOTHING IN THE Regulations that state a bailiff has to have a levy to make a payment arrangement, in fact if he insists that is so it is a ground for a Formal complaint to the council.

You should ask the council

*how many liability Orders they have for you

* how much is owing on each one

* When were they obtained

* when were they passed to bailiffs for enforcement.

as the bailiff is Equita there is a strong possibility the council has a Capita infestation as in Crapita run the office for the council, capita own equita, see where this is going? Equita are notorious for the unlawful frontloading of fees hoping a debtor will pay without question so it is important to see what the council says you owe.

send Equita the Acme letter adapted to suit to see what they are claiming, and then Caggers can help you sift the lawful from th Brothers Grimm fees.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailifflink3.gif Co

bailifflink3.gif House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks Brassnecked. How do I go about paying off the debt? Do I contact the council and ask them if they would accept my £200 per month?

You could but most likely they will tell you to deal with the bailiff, you could offer the payment at the counter and if they refuse get the drone to sign a note that they cannot accept the payment as it is with the bailiff, this is wrong, and unlawful, and will give you grounds to make a Formal Complaint. If crapita infest the council the drone is more likely to be a capita employee so that is helpful when you complain.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Any and all pay,emts direct to the council

There is no right of entry for the bailiffs no locksmith no arrest n nothing

Keep bailiffs out and tuck car away if you have one ignore the door if needed

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Okay, so at the moment, don't let him in and send the letter to Equita. Still a bit worried how to pay the debt off though. He said he will only accept the full amount by tomorrow but I obviously don't have that sort of money to hand.

Okay, so at the moment, don't let him in and send the letter to Equita. Still a bit worried how to pay the debt off though. He said he will only accept the full amount by tomorrow but I obviously don't have that sort of money to hand.

Pay the council not the bailiff the bailiff will tell yu all sorts of things I have a warrant or court order you must pay me

He won't tell you they he has a liability order and you are breaking no law by refusing to deal or pay him

They are relying on fear and intimidation pay council directly what you can afford

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

There is no law that says you have to speak to or deal with a Bailiff. Keep doors & windows locked and ignore him. Yes he may knock persisitently but eventually will give up and go away. Equita have form for front loading fees for work they have not done and if your fee request comes back showing this then time to start making complaints. Nothing will happen overnight and you have to be prepared for this to drag on.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep him out and hide any motor

He has NO RIGHT OF ENTRY, cannot arrest you or have you taken to prison,

Remember:

RULE 1 Bailiffs LIE

Rule 2 Refer to Rule 1

Just remember, if and when he calls he may:

try to get you to open the door by saying he needs water for his pills, needs to ring his granny, needs the loo

tell you he is getting the Police and/or a locksmith

is going to have you arrested or committed to prison

have your children (if you have) taken into care

He can do none of this and if you need to speak to him do it through the letter box or an upstairs window and if possible record the conversation.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes if you can film him even with a mobile phone though a window or the letterbox to capture any threats it would help in any Formal Complaint if he made threats and actions beyond his powers.