Lloyds Loan Help please Urgent

Tariq2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i need help with TSB loan

TSB offerd me loan toclear my credit cards and make it one monthly payment which i took it back in 2004 and

it was around £6000 and

after taking loan maybe a year i lost my job and the insurance the loan refused to pay me as i was not entitled to it and

i fought back and manage to get it through Ombudsman and i was refunded the insurance and the payment i made.

i ask lloyds to fix the interest and the loan amount then they send me new contract and

i was foolish and signed it as they put new amount on the new contract with the interest and late payments about £11,960 so

i started paying then i asked them to look into it why this gone that high as my original loan was around £6000 so

i stopped paying until they fix this matter and refused to do that and they also closed my TSB bank account

and took more than £100 from my account into loan without my permission .

Did Receive a letter from TSB solicitors i wrote them explaining every thing and also mentioned them that their are some payment i made they are not showing on the statement so you are welcome to take me to court never heard from them again .

did use to get debt recovery letters just ignored them now and for long time never heard from any of them now

today i received this letter please can someone assist me what to do should i ignore them i think isn't it to late for TSB pursue the loan .

tsbstate_zps527311b5.png

tsb_zps126078c8.jpeg

I would suspect its very near to being SB'd by the look of things

they are just willy waving.

if it was mostly PPI/PENALTY charges

then p'haps an sar is best

to get all these statements.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not quite sure what has happened here Tariq and I think you need to get to the bottom of it.

You had a loan for £6,000 which basically consolidated all your debts to LTSB.

You had a problem with the Payment Protection Insurance after you lost your job and it didn't pay out. Finally the Ombudsman resolved this and the PPI was refunded to, where ? You or the account ?

I must admit, I am as confused as you that the reconstructed loan agreement appears to have doubled in size ? I would have thought if they reconstructed the agreement minus the monies you had already paid and without the PPI premium, then it would have been less ?

I think in the first instance, you need to write to CQ and advise that there appears to be a problem with the amount that is being demanded. That you are in the process of contacting LTSB to find out how they have managed to turn a £6,000 loan into one that is almost double.

Then you need to make a formal complaint to LTSB and ask them what is going on.

You should send the complaint to their Head office and mark it FORMAL COMPLAINT - they have 8 weeks in which to respond after which time, you can escalate the complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When was the last time you made payment to the account ? If more than 6 years, then ignore my advice above because as dx has suggested, it could possibly be statute barred.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would suspect its very near to being SB'd by the look of things

they are just willy waving.

if it was mostly PPI/PENALTY charges

then p'haps an sar is best

to get all these statements.

dx

THanks for reply i got the statement some where safe need to dig them out but i hardly made any payment on this account as every thing is wrong with this contract the amount the charges because of Insurance non payments i have posted above the payment snap from my credit file hope this will help to understand better

When was the last time you made payment to the account ? If more than 6 years, then ignore my advice above because as dx has suggested, it could possibly be statute barred.

according to the credit file last payment was upto date was july 2007

then that ans why they are wily waving

they want to spoof you into paying before it goes SB'd.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if no deemed acknowledgments, or payments, since then, could be v close if not already to being barred ie 6 years in eng/wales. when in july 07?

there seems to have been a recent sale batch by loyds! involving capq.

Edited by Ford

I would think next month, Tariq.

BCOBS

if no deemed acknowledgments, or payments, since then, could be v close if not already to being barred ie 6 years in eng/wales. when in july 07?

there seems to have been a recent sale batch by loyds! involving capq.

all i can see in my credit file that account up to date in july 2007 so that was last payment and after that i totally ignored them as i knew there was lots of mistakes on this contract so i believe as i july 2007 to july 2013 is 6 years so i am hopping for SB'd as dx said unless their is something i am missing .

Many DCAs will argue thatlimitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued.It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid notwhen they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the paymentwas missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA isextending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

This means that if your last payment was in July - and the next payment .. August .. is not paid.. Limitation starts from that point.

BCOBS

The statement at the end of the Capquest letter re Data Control, is of concern, does this mean that Lloyds have passed ALL the account/personal data to Capquest, if so this will need a whole new approach as to where to direct Subject Access Requests.

Capquest are stating that SARs should be sent to it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

There is little point in sending Subject Access request to CQ they haven't had the account for long enough and I would be very suspicious of having them as an intermediary as they will have the data sent to them, for onward mailing to Tariq. At which point they will have access to all the data before him !

BCOBS

There is little point in sending Subject Access request to CQ they haven't had the account for long enough and I would be very suspicious of having them as an intermediary as they will have the data sent to them, for onward mailing to Tariq. At which point they will have access to all the data before him !

My thoughts exactly CB, but Capquest are stating clearly that they are the Data Controller and SARs should be sent to them.

I am inclined to suggest that to OP should contact Lloyds and inquire if ALL data has been supplied to Capquest,.

It make me rather suspicious that if Capquest act as a 3rd party in acquiring a SAR I would be concerned about receiving the full information supplied by the OC>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This business of the data control and SARs having now to be sent to Capquest is new and of concern imo.

So if I reply back where do I stand on SB.D

if you are 100% sure is v near being barred, why reply now when you have so far ignored them for 6 years?

I would want a definitive answer - "have you transferred ALL the data you hold on me, to the new owner? Or do you still retain all data prior to the sale."

I think not, I believe that the new owner is only Data Controller from the point of sale.

BCOBS

I would want a definitive answer - "have you transferred ALL the data you hold on me, to the new owner? Or do you still retain all data prior to the sale."

I think not, I believe that the new owner is only Data Controller from the point of sale.

I'm told Lloyds accounts passed to other DCAs are stating this too.

• 2 months later...

Hi I checked my credit report and I see Lloyd's tsb names has disappeared from the the file but see a Capquest Investments LTD name defaulting me for Lloyd's TSB loan any idea what is going on but never heard from them anything yet

Capquest will be making checks before contacting you.

The default was placed by the creditor Capquest have just updated the filed.

i'd now send the sb letter from the library to crapest

dx

and they