• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Santander Issue

Richyb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey everyone, got a rather interesting issues i hope someone can give me some solid advice on

I use to have a ban account with Santander (when it was Abbey National) Being young and stupid i was in my overdraft a lot, first by £200, i'd go to the bank get £300 then max that out and this carried on till it got to £800. I then lost my job and due to charges the amount when to over £900. Santander saw no money was being paid in and froze the account. In the end we came to an agreement where i would pay the amount to take it into the authorized overdraft and pay back £10 per month for 6 months then the plan would be re assessed. Now here comes the share stitch up.

After paying back £10 each month for 6 months, on the 7th month i go to the back to pay in £10 just in case, the cashier tells my my account is frozen and that i cannot pay any money in. We write to Santander and get nothing back. We leave it a year to be greeted with a "your owe us XXX" In the end we came to an settlement figure and i paid it.

The problem is not there is a nasty default on my credit file and this also tells a different story. They made a note than i had missed all of the 6 months payments of £10 and then 2 late payments on the 7 and 8th month then hit me with a default.

In my opinion they are morally wrong.

They allowed me to keep extending my overdraft knowing i lived in it.

They stopped me from paying in money to reduce the debt, then told a pack of lies to the credit agencies.

I do know that 95% of this is my fault as i was young and dumb but as a duty of care, Santander could of stopped me from getting a overdraft and worked out a way to bring the balance into credit.

Any thoughts of how to get this default removed if its even possible, the story is much longer but i'm sure you all dont want a book to read :) so summed it up.

Got 2 other accounts that default in a similar fashion and i'm at the stage in my life where this is effecting my chances of getting a mortgage big time.

They should have put an 'arrangement to pay' on your file and not missed payments, but an arrangement to pay is usually viewed worse anyway.

The default is valid and it doesn't sound like there are grounds for removal. Santander lends money to millions of people; they don't have the time to manually consider every application for credit, it's mainly automated. The main duty of care falls with the borrower to ensure affordability.

Hello Richyb, Welcome to CAG,

The data that Santander are causing to be displayed is most definitely incorrect and can be contested, you say that you reached a settlement and paid the account off, was this at a lower amount than the full outstanding balance.

The manner in which the account was closed is unfair it seems, Santander prevented you from making payment into the account,

you made the £10.00 payment each month on what would be seen as an 'assessment' period NOT an arrangement to pay.

Month 7 you are prevented from making further payments by Santander, so month 8+ a default is placed? Did you receive a default notice giving you time to remedy the default?

I think this is clearly unfair treatment from Satans Bank, which is nothing new!!

So may I suggest that this very much open to challenge and the possibility of removal the default, and the entry on the credit files.

Write to the Data Controller at Santander with the following:

Private & Confidential

The Data Controller

Santander.

Ref: Account No.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT: Inaccurate Data Displayed on CRA Files/Inappropriate Default:

Sir/Madam,

I write to complain regarding the conduct of Santander in regard to my current account No.xxxxxxxxx, and the overdraft facility provided on the account.

The circumstances are as follows, in 200X I lost my job and was then unable to service the account and the outstanding overdraft balance. I entered in to an agreement to pay £10.00 per calendar month on xx.xx.xxxx. for 6 months to be assessed at the end of the 6 month period, these payments were never missed:

On xx xx xxxx I attempted to pay £10.00 into the account at the xxxxxxxx branch of Santander, but the payment was refused by the cashier who stated that the account was frozen, please note I had NOT at anytime been informed that this action would be taken.

xxxx

Approximately 1 year later having had NO contact from Santander I received a letter stating that I now owed £xxx.xx, Santander had totally ignored letters sent by me in that one year perio.

On xx.xx xxxx., I contacted Santander and finally reached a a 'settlement' on the outstanding balance.

My complaints are as follows:

1. Santander Froze the account without any notice.

2. Santander refused payment offered at a branch because it had frozen the account.

3.Santander ignored letters from me when I attempted to contact the bank to resolve the matter.

4. Default was placed on xx, xx, xxxx., I did not receive any notice of intention to default the account and nor was I given any opportunity to remedy the default.

5. I believe that Santander caused the account to go over the agreed overdraft limit of £xxx.xx., by the addition of charges of £xxx.xx. The ICOs Technical Guidance on Defaults States that 'If a default sum is made up of charges without which the account would not have been defaulted, no default should be placed.

There is now the more serious complaint regarding Santander causing clearly inaccurate data to be displayed on my credit reference files held by ........................... credit reference agencies, the points I REQUIRE Santander to address are as follows.

1. Santander has caused the following data to be displayed:

(a). 6 Months of missed payments relating to the period of the agreed payment of £10.00 p.c.m, THESE PAYMENTS WERE ALL MADE.

(b).Santander then reported that there were two late payments on xx. xx.xxxx and xx.xx.xx, this covers the dates when Santander refused to accept payments because it had frozen the account.

It is my contention that this situation has arisen due to the incompetence and bad business practices of Santander.

©. It is my contention that Santander either through incompetence or deliberate actions has caused inaccurate data to be displayed on my credit reference files damaging my credit profile.

(d). Santander placed a default on the account, although the default was caused by the addition of charges.

I now Require Santander to review its conduct in regard to the 'management' of this account, taking particular note of the placing of clearly inaccurate data on credit files and the placing of the default without good reason and its failure to notify me in any way that this action was to be taken.

Santander has 56 days from the date hereon to answer all the points of this formal complaint, on receipt of Santander's response I will consider what further action is necessary, including but not limited to reports to all relevant regulators and a complaint to the FOS.

Send by recorded signed for delivery and check receipt.

Please amend/add dates etc. as needed.

Good Luck!!

©.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you for your reply's

While i accept in every aspect it was my fault for living in my overdraft i do fell as tho they had a duty of care to not help me get further into debt which is what they did.

The problem i know i will face is how can i prove they did not let me pay the money, when i contested this they told me they would never do this.

They did not issue me a default notice which i know it against the law.

Again whats to stop them from saying they did issue it.

I didn't pay the full balance off, what happened was they removed most of the charges as a good will gesture but i still paid of the money i personally spent on the account.

I do feel i have a case to get the default removed based on it not being issued correctly but the odds are stacked against me since as its almost 3 years old.

I can prove tho that the money was paid into the account for the 6 months of the agreement.

I will defiantly use your letter as a template BRIGADIER2JCS, thanks for that.

I will send one off Monday and update on how i get on (Fingers Crossed)

Richy, B,

Don't beat yourself up over this 99.99% of the blame here resulted from the incompetence and data manipulation by Satans Bank!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Sorry but I do not think you have much of a case here, you entered an arrangement to pay, after this ended they marked your file as in default because the balance was not paid, they were under no compulsion to extend this period.

As for issuing a default notice, if you are referring to a section 87 notice , it is only appropriate if the intend to commence proceedings, otherwise they do not have to issue one. They should have warned you prior to placing the D on your file but this is only a guideline and not a a legal requisite, sorry but I thought I would let you know the real picture before you start wasting time sending long winded letters to no avail.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hello Richyb, Welcome to CAG,

The data that Santander are causing to be displayed is most definitely incorrect and can be contested, you say that you reached a settlement and paid the account off, was this at a lower amount than the full outstanding balance.

The manner in which the account was closed is unfair it seems, Santander prevented you from making payment into the account,

you made the £10.00 payment each month on what would be seen as an 'assessment' period NOT an arrangement to pay.

Month 7 you are prevented from making further payments by Santander, so month 8+ a default is placed? Did you receive a default notice giving you time to remedy the default?

I think this is clearly unfair treatment from Satans Bank, which is nothing new!!

So may I suggest that this very much open to challenge and the possibility of removal the default, and the entry on the credit files.

Write to the Data Controller at Santander with the following:

Private & Confidential

The Data Controller

Santander.

Ref: Account No.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

FORMAL COMPLAINT: Inaccurate Data Displayed on CRA Files/Inappropriate Default:

Sir/Madam,

I write to complain regarding the conduct of Santander in regard to my current account No.xxxxxxxxx, and the overdraft facility provided on the account.

The circumstances are as follows, in 200X I lost my job and was then unable to service the account and the outstanding overdraft balance. I entered in to an agreement to pay £10.00 per calendar month on xx.xx.xxxx. for 6 months to be assessed at the end of the 6 month period, these payments were never missed:

On xx xx xxxx I attempted to pay £10.00 into the account at the xxxxxxxx branch of Santander, but the payment was refused by the cashier who stated that the account was frozen, please note I had NOT at anytime been informed that this action would be taken.

xxxx

Approximately 1 year later having had NO contact from Santander I received a letter stating that I now owed £xxx.xx, Santander had totally ignored letters sent by me in that one year perio.

On xx.xx xxxx., I contacted Santander and finally reached a a 'settlement' on the outstanding balance.

My complaints are as follows:

1. Santander Froze the account without any notice.

2. Santander refused payment offered at a branch because it had frozen the account.

3.Santander ignored letters from me when I attempted to contact the bank to resolve the matter.

4. Default was placed on xx, xx, xxxx., I did not receive any notice of intention to default the account and nor was I given any opportunity to remedy the default.

5. I believe that Santander caused the account to go over the agreed overdraft limit of £xxx.xx., by the addition of charges of £xxx.xx. The ICOs Technical Guidance on Defaults States that 'If a default sum is made up of charges without which the account would not have been defaulted, no default should be placed.

There is now the more serious complaint regarding Santander causing clearly inaccurate data to be displayed on my credit reference files held by ........................... credit reference agencies, the points I REQUIRE Santander to address are as follows.

1. Santander has caused the following data to be displayed:

(a). 6 Months of missed payments relating to the period of the agreed payment of £10.00 p.c.m, THESE PAYMENTS WERE ALL MADE.

(b).Santander then reported that there were two late payments on xx. xx.xxxx and xx.xx.xx, this covers the dates when Santander refused to accept payments because it had frozen the account.

It is my contention that this situation has arisen due to the incompetence and bad business practices of Santander.

©. It is my contention that Santander either through incompetence or deliberate actions has caused inaccurate data to be displayed on my credit reference files damaging my credit profile.

(d). Santander placed a default on the account, although the default was caused by the addition of charges.

I now Require Santander to review its conduct in regard to the 'management' of this account, taking particular note of the placing of clearly inaccurate data on credit files and the placing of the default without good reason and its failure to notify me in any way that this action was to be taken.

Santander has 56 days from the date hereon to answer all the points of this formal complaint, on receipt of Santander's response I will consider what further action is necessary, including but not limited to reports to all relevant regulators and a complaint to the FOS.

Send by recorded signed for delivery and check receipt.

Please amend/add dates etc. as needed.

Good Luck!!

©.

They accepted reduced payments for 6 months and then added a default. Does this sound familiar?

"21 An ‘arrangement to pay’

This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments."

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/sector_guides/~/media/documents/library/Data_Protection/Detailed_specialist_guides/default_tgn_version_v3%20%20doc.ashx

It seems quite clear to me it was an arrangement to pay!

They accepted reduced payments for 6 months and then added a default. Does this sound familiar?

"21 An ‘arrangement to pay’

This involves a temporary, short-term (up to six months) arrangement where the lender agrees to accept reduced payments."

http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/sector_guides/~/media/documents/library/Data_Protection/Detailed_specialist_guides/default_tgn_version_v3%20%20doc.ashx

It seems quite clear to me it was an arrangement to pay!

Which is irrelevant in this case, as the payments were made, but Santander, froze the account and refused further payment, so the classification of the 'payment schedule' matters not.

Which is irrelevant in this case, as the payments were made, but Santander, froze the account and refused further payment, so the classification of the 'payment schedule' matters not.

I'm not disputing that freezing the account and refusing further payments is both unlawful and unethical, and there's definitely a basis for complaint there. I don't see how that affects the validity of the default though. Had the payments been allowed to continue at a reduced rate, a default would still have been issued.

It is patently clear from the POs statements he was willing to clear this debt completely and indeed did so, the default sum was directly related to Santander adding charges to the account, after refusing payments.

I'm not disputing that freezing the account and refusing further payments is both unlawful and unethical, and there's definitely a basis for complaint there. I don't see how that affects the validity of the default though. Had the payments been allowed to continue at a reduced rate, a default would still have been issued.

I am not sure it is unlawful even, the have a right to demand payment, as said it was a short term agreement there is no reason why they should be compelled to commence another(in law), when the cumulative arrears reached the trigger point a default was registered, there doesn't really seem to be any mystery here.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I've re read the OP and I still can't tell whether Santander only wanted him to take it back into an authorised overdraft, or if they wanted the whole lot back.

If they only wanted the account to go back into an authorised overdraft, freezing it would make no sense.

If they asked for the entire overdraft back, then again, the default is valid.

Thank you for some great reply's. Glad so many people have got involved.

Regarding matttye comment, they wanted the account back at £0.00 i guess with the intention to close the account completely.

Here is a screen shot of this account credits file and the issue, that they have told the credit company's i have not paid any of the agreed payment plan

i42.tinypic.com/2l8vhc9.png (sorry not got 10 posts)

March 2010 was the date of the agreement and was told the first payment must hit the account by April. Which it did. I have all the payment receipts for the 6 month to prove each payment was made.

As far as i'm concerned they closed the account without telling me thus stopping me paying in anymore money which then caused them to issue a default. They stopped me paying in money other wise i would of carried on paying in money reducing the debt. This is why i feel they are responsible for this default and why it should not stand.

I made it clear i was happy to clear the balance but being i was out of work at the time i could only afford small amounts. They where happy to proceed and told me after 6 months they would look at the account to make a new arrangement, This never happened.

Since my last reply i actually emailed Julie Savage the Executive Complaints Manager who replied saying she will be doing a private investigation into my complaint. Fingers crossed i get the desired outcome.