style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I'm new here and looking for some advice please. I am going to have a few questions I expect but to start off, here are a couple.

I am just filling out my ET1. I have been dismissed for medical inefficiency and am claiming sex discrimination as my main reason for unfair dismissal. I intend to post a full description of my case at some point over lunch but I just wanted to see if I could get a couple of quick answers please.

At the stage of filling out the ET1, how much detail do I need to go into with regards to my ex employer not following policy? The thing is, there are loads of examples of them treating me differently to the mandatory policy and therefore I don't know at this stage whether I should be detailing each one or just stating that they haven't followed it.

Also, as my three month less a day date is next week I am looking to submit my form this afternoon if possible to avoid the fee. I have yet to hear the result of my appeal which was held three weeks ago, but I am almost 100% sure that they are going to uphold the original decision to dismiss me. How easy is it to retract an ET1? I think that my ex employer is delaying letting me know the outcome in an attempt to make me miss the deadline and so I am worried about it creeping closer. I can see no other reason for it to take them this long to tell me the outcome and they have fobbed me off every time I have phoned them.

Thank you for taking the time to look through this, I would be so grateful for any replies.

detail there are people better placed than me to advise

really easy to retract the ET1 if they change their decision however. so go for it!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

detail there are people better placed than me to advise

really easy to retract the ET1 if they change their decision however. so go for it!

T t

Edited by Screwed

Hi,

here's some (precised) advice on filling in the ET1 from a book on employment claims.

1) Set out what happened to you - your story. Structure is important - don't hop around like a grasshopper; at best it should be easy for other readers to follow the sequence of events you are describing. So what did occur that now gives you a right to a remedy? You don't need to mention any law at this stage.

2) Use numbered paragraphs, you can refer back to them later in your story.

3) Make sure that you haven't left any puzzling gaps. (Perhaps it might help if you could get someone else to read through it rather than yourself).

4) When you have finished laying out the sequence of events then tell the Tribunal what you think this represents in legal terms - i.e. sex/race discrimination etc; You should say whether you thought it was direct or indirect discrimination or victimisation, but you don't have to start quoting cases nor present legal argument.

Hope that helps.

I note from advice on other threads here you have until 4pm today to get it submitted online. Good luck, looks like you are just tidying things up before you send it in anyway?

A useful website for an ET newbie is etclaims.com. Perhaps buy the book mentioned there, it covers a lot of the questions you may have as you go forward. Well worth the outlay IMHO.

Edited by SweetLorraine

Your ET1 does not need to be excessively detailed. It should give the Tribunal a flavour of what you are complaining about, what legal claims you are making and very briefly describe the major incidents. It does not need to cover absolutely everything. The detail should go into witness statements which come later.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS