Huge Gas Bills - Scottish Power

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am in need of some advice - time sensitive i'm afraid -

I have a very large outstanding bill with Scottish Power for my gas and electric, approx £1,300. Scottish Power are now going to install pre-payment meters, as they think we will reduce the debt quicker.

However, We only live in a two bedroom flat, and have a few issues with our gas bill, (i dont have exact figures to hand)As we are the first property in the block of flats, the mains gas pipe come up through our floor, we have been complaining since we have moved in of a gas leak in the cupboard, where the main pipe comes up and the meter is located, after 3 visits over a period of one year, and a new meter fitted, Transco finally found a leak in the mains pipe and have had to replace that pipe coming into the flat, which in turn meant everyone in the block had theyre gas turned off whilst this was carried out. Our Gas bill was around £100 a month, which we have disputed many many times, with many meter readings, and they have not helped us at all, with an explanation of the large bills.

I have managed to get a copy of my neighbours gas bill, which is significantly lower than my bills have been, and want to know, what if anything i can do to get them to look at it more seriously?

I am very loathed to accept a pre-payment meter, for a few reasons, namely the standing charge and the fact money needs to be put on it much more frequently, (rather than D/D) and the way in which the meter was ordered, which was by a representative calling at the home, whilst i was not there and making my wife sign the paperwork for it there and then.

I have noticed that in a couple of cases, Scottish power have told customers that they are fitting pre-payment meters, and who have actually had locks changed on their homes and meters fitted without clients being there. Obviously i do not want this to happen.

If you are able to offer any advice, or help i would appreciate it.

Scottish power are due to fit the meters on the 6th August.

Thanks

Knowledge is Power

we have SP on board here

I will alert them to tis thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...