Housing benefits fraud - IUC

mnmless
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh ok thanks antone, i didnt want anyone to jump on me and boot me out :)

We wouldn't boot you out for a first offence :lol:

But yeah, where someone has been convicted of a crime, well, that's public information so OK to post. We wouldn't want any libelous stuff, so no names until convicted in court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

there is a lady from runcorn who failed to declare her partner was living with her, she obtained £2500, so its a similar amount to yours although a completely different case, she got a 6 week curfew 9pm-7am and a fine of £150. thats not too scary is it.

why was she given a curfew ? of what relevance is that to benefit fraud ? Did she go out at night and plan fraud with others :wink:

why was she given a curfew ? of what relevance is that to benefit fraud ? Did she go out at night and plan fraud with others :wink:

Ha iv no idea, i was puzzled by the curfew, it seems very random doesn,t it.

Hi, how did it go? iv been thinking of you x

Hello!

I was going to write last night but I was so tired; I had to travel around 5 hours in total to get this interview over with!

However, I went to interview and it was much better than I thought it would be, I assumed they would be banging their fists on the table and what not. But personally it was still upsetting for me, they have to read you your rights and I was humiliated at the least. I apologized so many times! Please listen to everything they say however, they showed me many letters and forms that I didn't receive and tricked me into saying I knew this and that :mad2:

There were two women interviewing me, the one talking to me was really nice and appeared understanding, the woman next to her was making very rude gestures but what am I to say.

At the end of the interview they said it would take up to 3+ months to get back to me and they require my bank statements for the duration of the over payments.

Hope you're doing okay, thinking of you too!! x :-)

:shock: It sounds awful, at least one of them treated you with respect. i dont see why they needed 2 people there, its not like you have robbed a bank or something. it sounds like they try and bully people to make them feel intimidated. do you feel any better now you have had the interview or are you still worried? i think the worst part is over with. x

:shock: It sounds awful, at least one of them treated you with respect. i dont see why they needed 2 people there, its not like you have robbed a bank or something. it sounds like they try and bully people to make them feel intimidated. do you feel any better now you have had the interview or are you still worried? i think the worst part is over with. x

I feel a lot better but I still have to await a response! They said my amount was borderline to be prosecuted but my mum said I'd be okay. The worst is over and I'm going to enjoy my life now!! You're going to be fine tomorrow, remember to let me know how it goes! x

of course i will :) im just dreading what information they have on me as im not prepared :( im usually a nice person and get on with everyone but if they give me a hard time i wont be a happy bunny, ill let you know when i get back home x

Hi, i had my interview today and it went well, the lady said i was doing nothing wrong and my case would be closed :) i was only there 20 mins x

I was just about to ask, I'm very happy for you!!

thanks, keep me updated as im still thinking of you. the lady told me that they wouldnt take my case to court anyway (if i did do something wrong) as the amount of overpayment would be less than the costs involved with court etc, i thought you might find this useful as your amount was pretty low :)

thanks, keep me updated as im still thinking of you. the lady told me that they wouldnt take my case to court anyway (if i did do something wrong) as the amount of overpayment would be less than the costs involved with court etc, i thought you might find this useful as your amount was pretty low :)

Okay, I will do! Was your amount more or less then mine? The women interviewing me were very clear that I "could" be prosecuted though.. I feel like I wont but I don't want to have wishful thinking.

I'm happy you can relax now! :)

Okay, I will do! Was your amount more or less then mine? The women interviewing me were very clear that I "could" be prosecuted though.. I feel like I wont but I don't want to have wishful thinking.

I'm happy you can relax now! :)

Hi sorry for the late reply iv been on the mobile as my laptop is not charged. My amount would have been a lot more than yours if they had decided I was guilty, by sounds of it she is trying to intimidate you a bit, I don't like that, it's not needed when you have admitted guilt. Everything iv read it seems they take people to court if they believe it's in the publics best interest, it costs them money, all they want is their money back, taking someone to court over that amount would not make sense, it's not like you are disputing it, I think they will settle out of court!! X

Hi sorry for the late reply iv been on the mobile as my laptop is not charged. My amount would have been a lot more than yours if they had decided I was guilty, by sounds of it she is trying to intimidate you a bit, I don't like that, it's not needed when you have admitted guilt. Everything iv read it seems they take people to court if they believe it's in the publics best interest, it costs them money, all they want is their money back, taking someone to court over that amount would not make sense, it's not like you are disputing it, I think they will settle out of court!! X

It's not really that the interviewers were trying to be intimidating (well, perhaps they were, but not because of this). It's simply that they are not the ones who decide whether or not to prosecute, so they can't say "No problem, no prosecution." It's not up to them.

Of course, that doesn't mean prosecution is likely, and I think you are correct in your assessment. A person who has admitted guilt for a relatively small overpayment and a claim which was not fraudulent from the outset, well, as you say, it would likely cost more to prosecute than it would be worth. But the folks doing the IUC can't say that for sure, so they hedge.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's not really that the interviewers were trying to be intimidating (well, perhaps they were, but not because of this). It's simply that they are not the ones who decide whether or not to prosecute, so they can't say "No problem, no prosecution." It's not up to them.

Of course, that doesn't mean prosecution is likely, and I think you are correct in your assessment. A person who has admitted guilt for a relatively small overpayment and a claim which was not fraudulent from the outset, well, as you say, it would likely cost more to prosecute than it would be worth. But the folks doing the IUC can't say that for sure, so they hedge.

Well, I have done some research and have seen that in practice and also statistics that the outcome of a prison sentence is only possible with over payments of 20k+ I understand my over payment was borderline and I can possibly be prosecuted because of my error but I will have to wait for an outcome.

I also understand to a small degree the intimidation needed sue to this being a very serious situation. But I believe the people who interview me were rather deceptive and most certainly put words in my mouth, I think they are aware that people want the interview to be over as soon as possible because it's not a nice position to be in but that's the past now.

Thanks for the information, antone! And snailz too! Couldn't have survived that week before the interview without your support! :biggrin1: