Westcott and unenforceable Barclaycard debt

roaringgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok - so the debt is unen and we have a letter to prove it.

Barcalycard give it to Robinson Way - we send them copy of unen letter. Robinson Way send debt back to Barclaycard.

Barclacard send debt to Westcott. We send them copy of unen and receive this letter in return.

Dear Blah

We refer to your recent communication. Having contacted our client they have advised this account is unenforceable under s78 of the Consumer credit Act; however, this does not prevent collection activity. Our client is only unable to take legal action against you.

In the circumstances, we believe the dispute has now been resolved and the full balance or an agreed monthly instalment is required by return. Payment can be made blah blah blah...

If in the event you believe you stil have a valid dispute, please contact us with the details within the next 14 days otherwise your account will be returned to our recovery team for colletion.

Yours

****** of the Earth who is brainwashed into believing all the capitalist claptrap.

I re-sent copy of unen letter cos I couldn't remember if I had already done so.

They ignored it.

Now today a letter arrives saying we are going to have a doorstep visit!!!!

I rang them, said I was my husband. That threw them! They asked for confirmation of DOB, address, postcode etc which I refused to give. I told the debt was unen and told them to check their records. I guess I wasn't thinking straight cos I should have ignored them. I just don't want a doorstep visit and for them to threaten my kids.

What do I do now? Ignore?

Have a read of the doorstep collector letter in cags library.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

stop ringing these fleecers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Barcalycard give it to Robinson Way - we send them copy of unen letter. Robinson Way send debt back to Barclaycard.

Barclacard send debt to Westcott. We send them copy of unen and receive this letter in return.:

The statement made is correct in all parts, the debt is unenforceable via court action BUT still exists, remains payable/collectable by all other methods than enforcement in court, is can be reported to CRAs until the 6th anniversary of the of the default date!

Unenforceable does not mean no longer exists.

You do not have to speak to any 'doorstep' agent, just refuse to answer security questions and tell them to leave.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Barclacard send debt to Westcott. We send them copy of unen and receive this letter in return.:

The statement made is correct in all parts, the debt is unenforceable via court action BUT still exists, remains payable/collectable by all other methods than enforcement in court, is can be reported to CRAs until the 6th anniversary of the of the default date!

Unenforceable does not mean no longer exists.

You do not have to speak to any 'doorstep' agent, just refuse to answer security questions and tell them to leave.

Yeah I know all that - just seems a bit pointless on their part if they can't take me to court!

They could take you to court. They just cant enforce it. It's silly really.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They could take you to court. They just cant enforce it. It's silly really.

Yep, and a CCJ unenforceable or not will stay on credit files for 6 years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yep, and a CCJ unenforceable or not will stay on credit files for 6 years.

The ONLY reason to do it would be vindictive.