DLA Renewall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I got my DLA form as my current claim ends at the beginning of Dec.

I currently get MRC & LRM and am happy with that.

If I sent my forms in straight away and get reassessed to I risk losing my current claim sooner?

EG When reassessed I only get LRC & LRM it will start straight away, or when the current claim ends?

Also any clues on the turn-a-round times for DLA renewal?

It's actually DLA, even on renewal, if your existing 'fixed term' claim lasts up to the end of February 2014.

So, renewals from March 2014 are PIP, up until then it's DLA if a 'fixed term' claim.

I'm totally confused, my DLA runs out in December 2013, today I had a new DLA claim form, so are they sending out normal DLA forms but classing it as PIP?

If you were originally awarded DLA for a FIXED PERIOD of time (check your award letter) then you will renew as a DLA claimant, and not PIP.

If it 'runs out' in Dec 2013 then it sounds like you were on a FIXED PERIOD and that is why you have been sent a DLA form. Assuming all is OK you will get a new award of DLA and be assessed under PIP when your new award runs out (unless you improve or deteriorate, and then you will be assessed under PIP straight away).

It confused me to start with too, don't worry.

G