FrankieUK

ESA Success but i feel guilty.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2334 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all just wanna say some things here.

So i received my ESA questionnaire last month, i was worried and my mental health issues got a lot worse due to the worry and horror stories i read, just a little over a month later (yesterday morning) i received a decision and was put into the support group WITHOUT a medical we provided nothing to them only my story and contact details of my doctors.

Now don't get me wrong i am grateful for the support but i can't help but feel terrible about it, i fill in a form and get it without an eye blink BUT someone who is terminally ill or seriously ill or even someone without arms and legs are made to go to a medical and be judged, then they receive a letter saying they are fit for work, how is this right? how can they do this to people?, i suffer from severe depression and severe anxiety of course its an illness but there are some people out their that are physically ill who can hardly move being forced to work!.

Rant over, things need to change, i actually wanted a medical because it was only fair!, i feel awful about it, i know i shouldn't but oh well.

Thanks for listening. (sorry for the grammar)

first of all im very happy for you for being placed into the support group especially without a medical.

i dont think you should feel guilty or upset for getting the benefit that you need and are entitled to . it also mikes me angry when you hear people being deemed fit for work when they are clearly not for for work.

but this is ATOS for you that's why the tribunals service is there which is a good thing. and it can and does frequently over turn bed decisions that are made