Employment Tribunal Top tips

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. Make sure that you actually have a case

2. Make sure that you have solid evidence of what you set out to prove

3. Have a well drafted witness statement(s) that supports your claim

4. Make sure that the bundle contains everything that you need to take the Judge through your claim easily

5. Use discovery and disclosure properly in order to achieve Point 4

6. Compile good cross examination questions

7. Read and re-read the Respondent's witness statements in order to achieve Point 6 AND to prepare for every possible question that YOU may be asked

8. Be prepared to invest a huge amount of time in making sure that EVERY possible detail is covered

9. Abide by the Case Management Orders and keep a careful note of deadlines

10. Take advantage of whatever legal advice you are able to afford

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Don't ramble

Stick to the knitting - no lists of 300+ marginal slights and times people looked at you funny

Be clear on what law you feel has been broken and why.

Never ever ever invoke the Human Rights Act. It won't be a breach of it. It never is. It makes you look crazy.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Many non-lawyers approach Tribunals by trying to convince the Tribunal that you were treated unfairly and hoping that the law will back you up. This is the most common mistake I see and I think it is hugely damaging. You need to know what the law is - at least on a basic level - and use the facts demonstrate to the Tribunal why you have a legal claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Many non-lawyers approach Tribunals by trying to convince the Tribunal that you were treated unfairly and hoping that the law will back you up. This is the most common mistake I see and I think it is hugely damaging. You need to know what the law is - at least on a basic level - and use the facts demonstrate to the Tribunal why you have a legal claim.

Absolutely, stick to the main crux of the law you rely on.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.