Need Help - CSA/Rossendale - Feeling Suicidal...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle and don't know what to do. It's all my own fault, I know, but I've had a liability order for non-payment of CSA and bailifs are coming. My partner will go mental! I've hidden the letters from her.

It's a mess; where do I start? I'm a recovering alcoholic, been sober for over six months now with the help of A.A., but have kept my head buried in the sand about not paying CSA. I'm a self-employed window cleaner, but severe depression is kicking my arse and earning a living is difficult. It's tough getting out the door; the world seems to be coming in through it.

I know I need to support my kids, but the amount they're asking to too much; we're on the bread line as it is. I live with my partner; we're not married and it's her house and things. Can they take those? I have a van I use for work. Can they take that? They may as well for the use I make of it.

Any help would be appreciated; it's all feeling a bit too much; I'm a mess, I know I know - I'm not even sure how I ended up like this.

Tom.

Regardless of anything they say they can only seize the goods of the debtor. Best thing of course is if they visit then do not let them enter and make sure any vehicles are moved well away. It is fair to mention that the CSA do have the power to have your driving Licence revoked.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1st of all dont panic....

100000,s of liability orders are granted every year, they sound more scary than they actually are.

you really need to speak to your doctor about your alcohol dependence, are you on any medication from the doctor. you may be classed as vunerable, if so you do need proof of this.

this will halt, for the time being actions from the bailiffs.

i would think you need to get this matter back into court to work out some sort of payment plan which is affordable, im not sure on what form it is, someone no doubt will be able to advise on that.

in regards to your car or van, it is a grey area wether they can or cant. they may argue that you can use a bike to transport ladders or indeed walk and carry them, and even if the van has enough value to cover the debt. but this is way down the time line of things.

the 1st thing to do is get proff of any medical conditions and send it to them on vunrability grounds to see if the bailiffs can be taken out the loop, and then deal with the liability order back in court.

the CSA can have your driving licence revolked and also you can be imprisoned for non payment of child support, this is y u need proof, to stop things like that happening

keep us posted on any developments please, good luck

Revocation of a driving licence could backfire on CSA if the debtor is a professional driver and the potential for repayment goes as the debtor is thrown onto JSA

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please get on to CSA and have them reassess you, your circumstances have changed and you may find that your payments will be reduced to a manageable amount plus make arrangements for you to pay off the arrears at an amount that is affordable to you and your new family.

You must inform the bailiff office that your partner owes everything in the property and that you moved in with whatever you moved in with.

With the Van you would need to prove that this is solely used for work purposes only and it is insured as just a work van and not for SD&P included, this may stop the bailiffs from seizing it but as already said it is often a grey area, even though it does come under work tools which are exempt from seizure.