The Car Shop

sunhillo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son in law bought a car on Saturday from the Car Shop. The advertisement and the salesman said it had cruise control. It does not have it.

In the terms of business it saysl errors and admissions accepted. Surely something as major as cruise control should not come in this clause. Can you help please.

Chris

Calm down. I didn't say it was important, I said he was told it had cruise. My son in law bought it and he has never had a car with cruise, so did not think about looking for the controls. But they are not always that evident as early Renault models had them behind the steering wheel.

Don't usually get such a high handed response from a CAG Gold Account Holder. Shall I put it down to the weather or perhaps you don't know the answer!

Ok, a bit harsh then, sorry!

If it was a genuine error in the description, then I expect it could be forgiven as not that important! as if somebody definitely wanted it then they would check before they bought it.

A wrong description such as ' perfect working order or immaculate condition ' would be serious and not covered that clause.

hope that helps.

OK. No problems. But I am still of the belief that if it is writing and communicated verbally that it has something - then it should have that something.

Also said it had had a full service, son in law took it to a main Ford dealer who informed him it hadn't had a full service, just a few bits done. That can't be correct either can it?

True, but how do you take action about that, was the service book stamped!

Now you have to be practical when buying cars, especially older cheaper cars;

Get it checked over before buying, take it on a test run and check every gear, run engine till hot, brake hard. try all the electrics air con etc. or even get a MOT done on it!

Make sure it comes with a new MOT from the dealer, check all the old MOTs on the VOSA website, advisories and mileage etc.

Factor in to get serviced if it passes the above.