Utility Management Services and Npower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now I'm somewhat confused here. I've just received a letter through my door from a company calling themselves Utility Management Services, stating that intend to apply to court for a warrant of execution to change the meter from contract to prepay due to an outstanding amount, I'm with EDF energy and I set this up when I moved into the property, are they allowed to turn up with a warrant of entry or not? there is no email address on the form only a registered office address, what would my legal stance be if they do turn up with a locksmith to gain entry and start removing the meter?

Have you ever received a bill from EDF?

Contact NPower to ask what details they hold, it could be they objected to the change of supply due to a previous occupier's debt. The CEO of NPower's email address is [email protected]

I'd also contact EDF to ask what has happened with your account with them. If NPower aren't aware of a change of tenancy they wil continue to apply for a Warrant because of the previous occupier's debt, hence it being so important to make this contact

Have you ever received a bill from EDF?

Contact NPower to ask what details they hold, it could be they objected to the change of supply due to a previous occupier's debt. The CEO of NPower's email address is [email protected]

I'd also contact EDF to ask what has happened with your account with them. If NPower aren't aware of a change of tenancy they wil continue to apply for a Warrant because of the previous occupier's debt, hence it being so important to make this contact

I've not received a bill from EDF as yet as i've recently moved into the property hence why I was asking, The only info I have from EDF is my welcome pack and confirmation about my direct debit

In that case, it sounds as if NPower supplied the property when you moved in, they've not been made aware of the change of occupancy and are therefore chasing up the previous occupier's debt.

Should be easily resolved by contacting NPower and telling them you moved in.

@Filrobbo - they can enter a property using locksmiths if they are granted a Warrant of Entry; this is covered by the Rights of Entry (Gas and Electricity Boards) Act 1954, hence it being really important to get this sorted now

it should be contained in the letter about the Warrant Craigals received, as well as stating about any applicable charges and it should say the outcome will be a disconnection or prepayment meter

of course, by attending court on the day of the Warrant application, however it is generally a lot less stressful and less inconvenient to liaise with the supplier directly before the warrant application - going to court is never a nice experience!

• 3 months later...

*UPDATE*

Npower have whilst I was out contracted another company called SECUS Ltd to turn up and gain access to my property, they have now removed the meter and installed a pre-payment, I am now taking legal action against Npower and SECUS Ltd for breaking the Section 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights, Secus Ltd claim it's not down to them but Npower, I even had the letter out on show that say's EDF Energy with the contracted date, because SECUS ltd broke into the property and changed the meter are they the ones responsible for replacing the meter back to the debit meter or is this now a matter for the courts?

• 1 year later...
*UPDATE*

Npower have whilst I was out contracted another company called SECUS Ltd to turn up and gain access to my property, they have now removed the meter and installed a pre-payment, I am now taking legal action against Npower and SECUS Ltd for breaking the Section 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights, Secus Ltd claim it's not down to them but Npower, I even had the letter out on show that say's EDF Energy with the contracted date, because SECUS ltd broke into the property and changed the meter are they the ones responsible for replacing the meter back to the debit meter or is this now a matter for the courts?

Hello, Im really interested in the outcome of this case as SECUS pretty much did the same to me around the same period. Did your application to court and claim against Npower succeed?