Caveal Viator Ltd. imitating the dvla site - lost £50!

sharpgun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son took it on himself to apply for his provisional driving licence, through a company called (driving licence applications)

but who are registered as Caveal Viator Ltd.

When he asked the dvla what had happened to his application he was informed that no application had been received,

we then found out that this company charge £50 just for applying and another £50 for the licence,

but in the phone recordings it does say you have to be 18 to use this service.

My question is that we have asked for a refund as we dont want to use there service

and they have refused to refund my son.

How does he stand legally, we also paid through paypal is there anything we can do through them ???:mad2:

If you have evidence that this is what the DVLA said, then you should send them a written demand for the refund and then sue in the small claims court

how do you pay payplan

is a card involved here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

how do you pay payplan

is a card involved here

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Driving Licence Applications Terms & Conditions its in PDF

Please carefully read especially 11. Termination and Cancellation.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

There are many of these type of companies springing up offering all sorts of services like this that essentially do nothing more than take the data you provide to them, then pass it through to the government body such as DVLA or DSA for driving tests etc.

They are not, unfortunately, doing anything illegal. They are, however, a complete waste of time to use and serve no useful purpose.

We, as driving instructors, and the DSA through info they release onto the web and through the driving test centres can do nothing other than give strong advice that customers should not use any third party site and go directly to the gov.uk site. https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following on from my earlier post,

I have been thinking about your case (and mine) and wonder if you`d consider acting for me if this were to go to court?

I value your opinions and I`m sure you`d like the opportunity to take these guys down as much as I would.

All it would take is one win in court and the rest of the victims would all follow.

The press would love this, and I believe it be the ideal opportunity to raise awareness of this [problem].

Caveat Viator Ltd did not provide me with any administrative work which could ever be construed as service provision

and, as you stated earlier on, these guidelines are very clear within the OFT.

Please private message me with your response, I`d be delighted to hear from you.

• 3 months later...

They will give you a partial refund if you persist - 70 - 80%

the argument to use is that they deliberately mislead consumers by mimicking the look and feel of the DVLA site

- you should threaten them with court action

- with a deadline of seven days

- offer a settlement amount at the percentage above

and proceed to a small court claim which they will probably not defend

- so they will settle in the case of the small percentage of people that really pursue

I have some

- legally watertight template letters

- if you are interested

- series of three to send which worked for us

- [edit]

I took this up with the credit card company who refused to take action, then the trading standards people who were not that helpful, and of course Google are complicit since the paid add is top of the list in any DVLA search...

• 2 weeks later...

Lets not deal with so called templates. Especially from a new poster with no background and with a very shaky basis of information.

Conradin, can you create a new thread with your issue. We have plenty of people here that can advise on what you should do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

spurious poster with spurious advise

best ignored.

start a new thread.

PLENTY here to read.

thread

closed

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks