Budget Airline Food Rip-Off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Prices are hiked by as much as 433%, according to a new survey
  • Typical examples include charging £1.60p for a 30p can of coke
  • Costs were compared to identical products sold in supermarkets
  • Ryanair says customers are 'free to bring their own snacks' if they wish

Read More ...

Edited by Conniff

Hi,

There is a limit to what can be taken through via the security section, i.e. liquids upto 100ml in a single container - CocaCola do not make them that size.

Also the limit imposed by most airlines on the size and weight of carry-on luggage

Therefore it is not always possible to 'bring your own' and you are then forced to pay either the extortinate costs of airport or airliner food.

As some responders to the Daily Mail have said it is time that the limit on liquids, etc. to be recinded or upped....

I never understood why it was so expensive to buy food products in an airport, and don't start me on the cost of ciggies at WHSmiths'

G

Profit profit profit - nothing else, you can't just nip out to the papershop on the corner so they have you, you either pay their rip off prices or go without.

we tend to fly from Birmingham and have found that a Boots meal deal is an excellent alternative, slightly more expensive than the High St, but not over-inflated.

Also, if you like a drink before your flight lounges can be excellent value compared to the bar

never understood that silly 100ml rule anyways, and this is coming from someone who was 13 hours late back from his honeymoon due to the liquid bombers

its not going to stop anyone doing that anyways all they will do is use a bigger group and all bring a little on, its solely to inconvenience the rest of us

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: