Uk IVA failure, now living abroad.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My husband is in an IVA which started in 2008. He stopped making payments in 2011 and the iva has now gone into failure.

My main question is, can the creditors chase us to Ireland? And also, can they make him bankrupt here in Ireland for the uk?

I realise debt is debt wherever you are so will his iva failure show up on a credit check here in Ireland? We do not own property here or any assets but had hoped to buy next year with family help and a small mortgage. My husband works and makes a decent wage and we have successfully started to clear and pay off his outstanding debts. Bit unsure as to what will happen now regarding the iva failure and what it means for us..

It's all a big mess at the moment which I'm trying to sort out! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

UK debt records will be seperate to Ireland. Yes any UK court judgement ( CCJ or bankruptcy) can be enforced in Ireland. If they know you are resident in Ireland, I believe they can apply directly to an Irish Court for a European Enforcement Order in Ireland.

When you apply for a Mortgage or loan in Ireland, I suspect that they would want to have details of your UK credit history. If this is bad then it will affect availability of credit in Ireland at a competitive rate, if it is available at all. You should obtain some advice from an independent financial advisor in Ireland.

Can I suggest that you call National Debtline about your current debt repayment issues. You could list them here with approximate details and you may get some general advice, but it may be more private for you to phone a qualified debt advice service such as National Debtline.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread