Marstons bailiff and £200 fine for driving without insurance,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can go to my court and physically pay the money into a machine in the reception . I do not know

what part of the world you are from but in London there is one collection centre that deals with all the local courts . To say they are so far up the bailiffs back passage would be an understatement and

any inquiry is met with you must contact the bailiffs ( ie, what will the weather be like tomorrow ? )

Once again when the fine is paid off no distress warrant no visit .

Once again when the fine is paid off no distress warrant no visit .

This is subject to argument, without a conclusive answer.

Some say the distress warrant allows for the collection of the fine AND the bailiffs fees. The bailiff fees have been set by the courts. The bailiffs claim that they can continue to use the warrant to collect their fees, even if the fine is paid directly to the court, who don't pass it on to them. When the courts are asked about this, they don't always have a legal explanation about bailiffs continuing to collect their fees only using the warrant.

My opinion is that if the court has accepted payment in full for the fine, then the warrant cannot continue to be effective purely for the bailiffs use to collect their fees. The warrant is used for the purpose of fine enforcement, not enforcement of bailiff fees. If Magistrates want the bailiff to be able to collect their fees agreed by contract between them, then the courts must pass any payments they receive onto the bailiffs and confirm they have done this to the person subject to the fine.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

Apparently a distress warrant has been issued, but, I have not received a copy and neither has my ex-wife?

I have just tried paying online as advised but it is asking for a Division Number (three figures) apparently this is on the original fine letter which I no longer have. I have the reference number though.

I am staying in Cambridgeshire at friends at the moment but I do not know if Peterborough or any other local courts have any collection machines available, I will try and find out but I guess that they may also require the Division number!!!

It sems that everyone in the court system wants to protect Marstons!!

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

Apparently a distress warrant has been issued, but, I have not received a copy and neither has my ex-wife?

I have just tried paying online as advised but it is asking for a Division Number (three figures) apparently this is on the original fine letter which I no longer have. I have the reference number though.

I am staying in Cambridgeshire at friends at the moment but I do not know if Peterborough or any other local courts have any collection machines available, I will try and find out but I guess that they may also require the Division number!!!

It sems that everyone in the court system wants to protect Marstons!!

Phone the court and ask for the division number.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Phone the court and ask for the division number.

They just need name + dob and address it will be on the system.. Yes as mentioned before their is

an unholy alliance between ALL bailiff cos and the courts. I had the collection debt refuse outright to take a payment over the phone insisting I must deal with the bailiffs !

They just need name + dob and address it will be on the system.. Yes as mentioned before their is

an unholy alliance between ALL bailiff cos and the courts. I had the collection debt refuse outright to take a payment over the phone insisting I must deal with the bailiffs !

Thank you, I will do that now

Thank you, I will do that now

I have got my div number now, so will attempt to pay online. Once I have done this will they still harass my ex-wife at her house ( my old address) for the fees? Or do I write and tell Marstons I have paid my fine and then just argue the £300 fee with them?

I have got my div number now, so will attempt to pay online. Once I have done this will they still harass my ex-wife at her house ( my old address) for the fees? Or do I write and tell Marstons I have paid my fine and then just argue the £300 fee with them?

Knowing Barstons who would chase a penny down a hill , I dont know. They will be acting as Dcas not bailiffs They would probably force her neighbour into paying it.No they shouldn 't , anyway

less waffle get the balance paid off.

IMO the £300 fees are payable.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

My ex-wife had previously told 2 seperate debt collection agents that we were no longer living together and that I had moved away. Each one then left her alone. But when the debt was handed to Marstons they have ignored hers and my communications with them and just seem to be bulldozing their way ahead, which seems par for the course after reading many posts regarding them on here!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I have managed to pay the remaining £100 of my fine online this evening, despite being told by the courts and Marstons that I could not.

I will be arguing the costs (£300) with Marstons as they were informed that I no longer live at my wife's address before they decided to turn up and deliver a letter. Why should I pay £300 just because they decided to turn up at the wrong address?

am I in the wrong for thinking like this?

Just wanted to let you know that I have managed to pay the remaining £100 of my fine online this evening, despite being told by the courts and Marstons that I could not.

I will be arguing the costs (£300) with Marstons as they were informed that I no longer live at my wife's address before they decided to turn up and deliver a letter. Why should I pay £300 just because they decided to turn up at the wrong address?

am I in the wrong for thinking like this?

If £300 is easy to come by, then just pay the amount, as otherwise you will be worrying about this for many weeks to come and then it is not worth it.

If finding £300 is a real struggle, then just write to Marstons advising them that you have paid the £100 court fine remaining and that you no longer live at the address they visited, which is occupied by the ex-wife. Advise them that you are not at any permanent residential location, so if they want to contact you, this should be done via an email address. Give them an email address they can use, if they wish to communicate.

The decision on whether or not to pay the bailiff charges must be yours. There is further information regarding the fees that can be charged by bailiffs enforcing court fines in the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?397861-Magistrate-Court-FINES-and-Bailiff-fees......(2-Viewing)-nbsp

The decision on whether or not to pay the bailiff charges must be yours. There is further information regarding the fees that can be charged by bailiffs enforcing court fines in the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?397861-Magistrate-Court-FINES-and-Bailiff-fees......(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Thanks TT

• dx100uk changed the title to Marstons bailiff and £200 fine for driving without insurance,