A bit desperate in Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Another newbie here, and I never thought I would become this desperate but having thoroughly read through a lot of people's own issues I get the sense that I am in the right place.

I really need help to understand the options I have - So I will give you a bit of background.

I lost my job in September 2012 and it has taken till June this year to start a new job. In between that time being on benefits for the first time in my life, all my bills became a nightmare - I have the following debt:

LloydsTsb Overdraft £1224 - which I have a reducing overdraft payment of £13 per month

LloydsTsb Credit Card £17,471 (was £15,000 but couldn't pay the minimum and it has stopped at £17,471)

LloydsTsb Loan: £14,977.33 unsecured - now with Wescot as of today 20/07/2013 as a letter has arrived with the 'instructed by our client to collect the outstanding balance on their behalf'

When I lost my job I went to my bank manager to see what she could do and it turns out she joins the same foreign call centre queue I would have - after 30 mins we agreed the reducing overdraft payment of £13 - but the rest they wanted £200 for the loan £200 for the credit card - and I was on JSA of £307 per month so that was never going to happen

I wrote to the LoydsTsb Credit card and loan sections saying I would come to arrange when I had employment - they have never written back until Moorcroft got involved - I filled in their online Income/Expenditure sheet and of course being on benefits it didn't help them - that was in March 2013 since then nothing until today with the same loan but Wescot -

I have got a very good job now (in 2nd month) and would be happy to be in some arrangement however my brilliant landlord has rent arrears with me of £1,800 and I have given him priority as well as my retired parents picking up the slack from benefits of £3,000 over 8 months so I wish to pay them off first.

I really do not want to put my new job in jeopardy as my new employers are brilliant but they would not take any CCJS or debt letters well in fact I know that if they felt I couldn't manage my debt and it came to their notice I would loose my job.

I rent my my house - I have had to open a monthly paid ThinkMoney account as my all my (empty!) accounts are with LloydsTsb and they originally notified me that if I had any money in any of their accounts they could take it to pay down my debt.

I really would appreciate advice on how to reach a satisfactory conclusion keeping my debt within my control rather than it going to court and having my employers involved -

I have no real assets except for bits of furniture and a 12 year car - and I earn £1,800 per month net as of last month's first paycheque

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved this thread to the Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum, I would get back in touch with Lloyds and see if they would now consider coming to some sort of arrangement regarding your Credit Card and Loan, I would avoid dealing with Moorcroft for now.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have you sat and worked out if you can make any payment towards them at all?>

Is there any PPI or charges on the accounts that can be reclaimed to help reduce the balances?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I don't have PPI - Credit card was just under £15,000 but now includes interest and missed payments,

I have done my sums but things are still very tight - I can afford to offer about £50 per month split between my credit card bill and my loan, all my bills have been cut down minimum but I have agreed to pay the Landlord an extra £110 per month to reduce my arrears and I need to pay my parents about the same - they don't have much money bar their savings and pension and I want to repay them quickly.

I have received no mail from Lloyds since before moorcroft until now when I have this letter from Wescot -

I have not had my 2nd pay cheque yet so a bit worried about over extending myself

only offer what you can guarantee each month.

In the templates section you will find letters templates to send to offer a monthly payment.

What i would do i when you acn afford to make the payment you say you can, send the payment proposal along with the first payment and continue to send the monthly payment

If they get back to you let us know

p.s i would send this recorded

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

just send the details to wescot for the account they are handling

cannot say if they will accept or not BUT

If you have proposed a payment and stick to it........looks alot better for you .