Hannay100

defaulted Nat West loan - Experto Credite - CCA letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2114 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Split out from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?396381-Observations-please-on-how-I-hope-to-deal-with-a-number-of-debts , addressing a group of debts.

CCA letters sent, now posting individual cases separately as each progresses:

This relates to the third of the four, a debt in respect of a defaulted Nat West loan with £5 per month being paid to/via Intrum Justitia to whom I sent a CCA letter just over a week ago.

I have now had a response from Experto Credito advising that they have taken over the account from I-J, and I am to deal with them henceforth.

They then state that all CCA letters should be sent to The Royal Bank Of Scotland along with the £1 fee, and provide a Southend-on-sea address. No idea where RBS fits in to this, unless Experto Credite is part of the organisation maybe.

They have not returned the £1 Postal Order.

I believe that it is the duty of someone receiving a CCA letter to pass it forward to whoever is the right person/office to deal with it?

I don't object to redirecting my contact if it is needed in order to move things along, however if there are established processes already in place especially to take care of this I would prefer that a) people know they have a duty, b) people do their job, 3) nobody wastes their time.

So does this letter deserve a response from me, presumably at least to point out that they have hung on to my £1 if not actually to point out their obligation? Any suggested phrasing or quoted regulations would be much appreciated if so, thanks!

Or is it simpler just to CCA RBS anyway per their letter as I can do that instantly and avoid letter ping-pong?

If they are chasing you then the cca goes to them. Not the oc. Wait for the 12+2 to expire and send the non compliance letter

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Split out from http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?396381-Observations-please-on-how-I-hope-to-deal-with-a-number-of-debts , addressing a group of debts.

CCA letters sent, now posting individual cases separately as each progresses:

This relates to the third of the four, a debt in respect of a defaulted Nat West loan with £5 per month being paid to/via Intrum Justitia to whom I sent a CCA letter just over a week ago.

I have now had a response from Experto Credito advising that they have taken over the account from I-J, and I am to deal with them henceforth.

They then state that all CCA letters should be sent to The Royal Bank Of Scotland along with the £1 fee, and provide a Southend-on-sea address. No idea where RBS fits in to this, unless Experto Credite is part of the organisation maybe.

They have not returned the £1 Postal Order.

I believe that it is the duty of someone receiving a CCA letter to pass it forward to whoever is the right person/office to deal with it?

I don't object to redirecting my contact if it is needed in order to move things along, however if there are established processes already in place especially to take care of this I would prefer that a) people know they have a duty, b) people do their job, 3) nobody wastes their time.

So does this letter deserve a response from me, presumably at least to point out that they have hung on to my £1 if not actually to point out their obligation? Any suggested phrasing or quoted regulations would be much appreciated if so, thanks!

Or is it simpler just to CCA RBS anyway per their letter as I can do that instantly and avoid letter ping-pong?

Hello again.

RBS & NatWest are all one group and since the merger RBS seem to handle all the 'legal' and compliance matters for the group.

As in your other thread Hannay the same response letter is good.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If they are chasing you then the cca goes to them. Not the oc. Wait for the 12+2 to expire and send the non compliance letter

Thanks for this.

They are not chasing me.

My initial post that this and others have split-off from, as referenced at the head of this one also, related collectively to a number of debts that I have reduced-payment arrangements in place with and am managing to keep on top of and theoretically could just endeavour to carry on with on that basis. I wished to address these as I won't see 65 again and we are in much-reduced circumstances.

I was strongly urged to check first that all was legitimate regarding those debts, and to send CCA letters to get that moving.

So the impetus in all of this comes from me looking to manage my affairs moving deeper in to senior years, not from needing to defend against a threat from a DCA or otherwise.

My inclination now is to write in similar fashion to that suggested by Brigadier and CitizenB on my Moorcroft thread, rejecting the basis of their on-referral and highlighting their obligation to forward CCA requests to their client, and then to CCA their client NatWest direct and also make a formal complaint to them about their Agent's shoddy mishandling.

BUT ... I am confused by the referral to RBS in all of this ... spinning a little here wondering which path at the crossroads.

Given that they nor NatWest nor RBS are chasing me therefore, is it still recommended just to wait for 12+2 then respond? Or better to try and be constructive at this point in my own best interest because maybe between them and me I am the only one who is actually bothered?! Just now I can't see what is in my own best interest, and whether this involves RBS directly anyway ... puzzling!

who were/are you paying money too

that's the target for the CCA

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

who were/are you paying money too

that's the target for the CCA

dx

The same people I sent it to and who have returned it with the request that I send it to RBS ... confusing ...

1 - Original debt with NatWest, cred card bal.

2 - Been paying via Intrum Justitia regularly for years, sent CCA to them

3 - Received letter from Experto Credite in response saying they had got the CCA, had taken the debt over, were happy to continue the same payment arrangement, but that my CCA letter needed to go to RBS at a Southend-on-sea address

No idea where RBS comes in to it, unless Exp Cred just slipped up and wrote the wrong Bank name and address in to their reply.

However, to answer your question I pay (now) Exp Cred, and they were handed the CA by Intrum Justitia and have simply sent it all back.

Thinking I will reject Exp Cred's response and point them to their obligations, but CCA NatWest along with a complaint about their Agent's improper conduct etc.

Any better advice welcomed as always, plus is there a pointer here to the best department/person/title to address the Nat West CCA to? I have searched for quite a while before asking here, but if it is mentioned at all it is totally buried..

then send the failure to comply letter to them

if/when they send you an ENFORCEABLE CCA or RECON

you withhold payment.

end off

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello again.

RBS & NatWest are all one group and since the merger RBS seem to handle all the 'legal' and compliance matters for the group.

As in your other thread Hannay the same response letter is good.

Brigadier: I had entirely missed this until this morning when reviewing my own thinking at the start of a new week against advice given on my current threads.

I think that you were adding it at the same time I was composing/adding my own reply to renegadeimp right after it, and I must not have looked backwards from there since.

A delayed thank you therefrore.

Noted regarding the role of The Royal Bank of Scotland, explains the mystery - to one not in the know anyway.

In view of that, may I just check as a precaution with regard to the letters needing to go out ...

When rejecting Experto Credite's letter and subsequently copying my response with a complaint and a CCA direct to the Bank involved, all along generally the same lines as my other thread, is the receiving Bank for the whole of that correspondence still NatWest who are Exp Cred's client and the actual debt-holder? I'm not entirely sure how much weight you are giving RBS and their apparent repositioning in those legal/compliance regards as far as my next-steps are concerned. Natwest would presumably then pass the CCS to RBS internally.

Or perhaps is the CCA to go to RBS and the copy and complaint letters to go to NatWest HO wherever they may be with a mention there also of the separate CCA sent at the same time to RBS in the absence of Exp Cred's proper attention?

Possibly just a very small detail, but that's where the Devil lives.

Again, apologies for the oversight .. looking forward is good but I guess the occasional backward glance is sensible as well.

As promised...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46138[/ATTACH]

and

Ellens Budget Sheet.xls

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As promised...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46138[/ATTACH]

and

[ATTACH]46139[/ATTACH]

Thank you!

Hannay, I have posted the Lending Code below for you..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47449[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D