Help with Mobiles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All

Newbie to Mobile phones section and just wanted to know what the actual legalities are for mobile phone contracts

If they cancel your contract for non payment can they legally pursue you for the remainder of the contract, even though had i known this i would not have entered into a contract?

I would have thought they could only pursue you for their out of pocket expenses for calls made etc?

Brief desc is didnt pay a £100 bill, they cancelled contract and now i am faced with £700 bill from a debt company

Any help or advise would be useful. I am happy to pay for what i used, but not remained of the contract as i will not benefit from a service

Thanks

Thanks

Lesleydeacanjason

Who is chasing you? Lowell??

Ignore the DCA entirely, check your credit files and deal direct with the network provider. who is it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Yes they can chase you for the reminder of the contract but I would deal with T-Mobile direct and no DCA. You'll have to come to some arrangement to pay the reminder of the contract plus any usage prior to disconnection.

Logically in this situation they will have already damaged your credit file for 6 years it's not going to be worth you paying. There is no incentive for you to pay.

For a breach of contract they *should* only charge their out of pocket expenses... but I'm sure they can hype this up to roughly the entire term of the contract. (phone postage admin etc...)

The raw facts are they're unlikely to do much other than send a few nasty letters, and pass this to a few DCA's as court action is prohibitively expensive.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar