Non delivery of goods paid for

Dilizjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a sofa for £199 and other items for another £50 from a second hand store and paid cash over 2 months ago.

They delivered the sofa 6 weeks ago and said the other items would follow. I have not received them yet. I have tried to contact the seller via their mobile phone contact number and cannot get a reply, I have left messages and get no call back.

This morning I left a message saying that I wanted my money back and would be visiting the shop to obtain it. I still have my receipts. Am I within my rights to do this?

Went to the shop and they have done a runner. Contacted Police and they say it is a civil matter and don't want to know. I would have said that it was theft. feeling rather angry!!!!!!!

Hi Dil

How did you pay? I suspect it was cash.

Report the matter to Action Fraud - http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/consumer_s/consumer_protection_for_the_consumer_e/consumer_[problem]s_e/consumer_spotting_and_reporting_[problem]s_e/how_to_report_a_[problem].htm

You need to track down the name and address of the person you paid the monies too, then you could take him/her to the small claims court, but again there will be costs attached. You could ask the landlord for details of the person that rented the shop and see how far you can take this.