You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

hugh2121

Somebody used my address for CCJ

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2543 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My wife from whom I was separated for 39 years though not divorced, gave the address of my daughter and son-in-law when pursued for a debt at her previous address. She had acquired a key to the house and would let herself in and remove her mail when there was nobody home. Eventually a CCJ was issued against her at my daughter's address. She has recently died leaving an insolvent estate. My daughter currently rents the house but they are planning to buy it next year. I'm worried that the CCJ registered against their address, even though not in their names, will affect their chance of a mortgage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Not an issue. CCJ's are related to a person only and not an address. But it will be a pain in the *ss having debt communications at the address.

You should obtain legal advice personally, as if you were still married and linked via a credit record, you may be chased yourself. If the debts were in her name only, it should not be any concern of yours, but given that you were still married, following her passing, creditors may contact you to make enquiries.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Creditor will have a problem with me as I live in Thailand, it's my daughter and family I'm concerned about and your reply is a big relief. The debt was in her maiden name and as far as I know the creditor does not know she was even married. I've already had advice that the family are not responsible for her debt and will have to write it off as her estate is insolvent and cannot pay. I've already advised my daughter to write to the creditor to tell them the situation with a copy of the death cert, and to advise them that she's had professional legal advice confirming that family are not responsible. Not easy to help them from here but being retired I have time to search for answers. Thanks for the info.