• Tweets

• One very useful admission to obtain from them in a recorded call would be to get them to admit that they hadn't informed you in advance as to the cost of the car rental. So for instance – "I'm just calling to find out what the cost of the car rental is because when you first approached me, it wasn't explained. I'm just want to find out so I can start arranging to pay how much I owe you." Something like that. The point is somehow or other to get them to acknowledge that they hadn't told you the rate at the time. It's an implied term of any contract the services that where no price has been agreed – then a reasonable price will be implied. Clearly you are not being asked to pay a reasonable price
    • Just to add, if you can start recording your calls then telephone conversations might be very useful because you may well be able to steer the conversation into some useful admissions. For instance, you might be able to get them to refer to the earlier conversations and what was said in them. This kind of thing would be gold dust. I think you can see that you have been tricked by aggressive salespeople – and it's up to you to start becoming a bit aggressive and assertive – and tricky – yourself.
    • Also, SAR to everyone else. I've already asked you to do this on the other thread. Also, no more phone calls unless you have read our customer services guide and implemented the advice there. Follow the customer services guide link or else click on it as it passes through the running banner at the top of the forum page
    • Presumably you have got the name and address of the van driver. Do you have the insurance details of the van driver? We need to start getting hold of other people statements. It's extremely unfair that Skippy are making decisions on your behalf and not showing you any of the so-called – evidence – or lack of evidence that they apparently know about. I'm a bit concerned that in your account though you talk about driving along at 30 miles an hour and then after the accident you talk about driving "slowly". What kind of van was it? Do you know what I was doing there? Was it there because the driver was working or is that where they live?    Was there a passenger in the van? What about the road conditions? You say that there was ice and snow but was it dark? Did people have their lights on? Did the van driver have his lights on?  
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies
  • Recommended Topics

Seriously frustrated with Vodafone, no signal on 3G.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2766 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm seriously hacked off with Vodafone. For the last 2 months or so I've had no signal at all while at home which has led me to missing calls and texts. As I run a business from home alongside my full time employment this is a major hassle.

I called Vodafone to report the problem and was told to switch my phone to 2G as there was a known problem with the 3G knocking out the signal. I was told this would be a short term solution until the 3G issue was resolved.

After a few days of still suffering this issue I went onto the Vodafone eForum and posted on there about the problem. I completed all the info Vodafone required from me and a day or so later was told the issue should be resolved which it was not !

About a week later while still suffering this issue, Vodafone posted saying the engineers had checked the site and couldn't find any alarms ! All I've done since then is constantly ask what's going on to be told " we'll check with the engineers and get back to you " !

Vodafone last posted on my thread on 5/7/13 saying they'd chase the engineers up, I've heard nothing so posted yesterday (16/7/13) asking what's going on. I got a reply today (17/7/13) saying Vodafone would chase the engineers up again !!!

I'm so annoyed with this now and the disgusting customer services. I'm sick of paying my monthly contract for a mobile I can't use properly. Can I cancel my contract early based on the fact Vodafone have failed to resolve this issue for such a long period of time ?

Is there anyone on here that can help me ?

Hi clarkywrx,

I'm sorry to see that you're currently having problems with the network.

I've located your thread on our eForum and so will check to see if there's any further news.

If you'd like to discuss things further with me could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

So Vodafone got back to me saying if I want to cancel my contract I have to pay the remaining amount of the contract to end it, I expected to have to pay but would've thought it would be a discounted rate bearing in mind I'm only cancelling due to the reduced service and very poor customer service.

As I've had no reply on the Vodafone forum for a while I've just posted on there asking what's going on only to be told " The engineers are still looking into it " !

Also, after being told I could only have a line rental refund after the issue has been resolved, I've now been told I'm not getting any refund as it's a 3G issue !

So while on 3G I cannot make/receive calls or texts or use the internet, I'm paying £32 a month for this and it's been going on for 3 months and Vodafone still can't sort it out !

So Vodafone got back to me saying if I want to cancel my contract I have to pay the remaining amount of the contract to end it, I expected to have to pay but would've thought it would be a discounted rate bearing in mind I'm only cancelling due to the reduced service and very poor customer service.

As I've had no reply on the Vodafone forum for a while I've just posted on there asking what's going on only to be told " The engineers are still looking into it " !

Also, after being told I could only have a line rental refund after the issue has been resolved, I've now been told I'm not getting any refund as it's a 3G issue !

So while on 3G I cannot make/receive calls or texts or use the internet, I'm paying £32 a month for this and it's been going on for 3 months and Vodafone still can't sort it out !

You do not have to pay the remaining amount. Ofcom guidance is the remaining months less the costs vodafone would not incur by you not using the service. They should give you a termination price which is this figure.

You do not have to pay the remaining amount. Ofcom guidance is the remaining months less the costs vodafone would not incur by you not using the service. They should give you a termination price which is this figure.

The figure Vodafone have given me is the remaining monthly payments left to pay minus 2% !

Hi clarkywrx,

I can understand your frustration.

Please be assured that as soon as I have an update I'll get in touch with you to discuss things further.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

I would appreciate that but please bear in mind how long this issue has been going on for, it just doesn't seem to be getting sorted out !

Do you have reliable wired / cable broadband at home?

If so, why are Voda not offering you a SureSignal device, (it is a femto-cell), at least as a stopgap measure to limit your loss of business?

FWIW, O2 don't take this approach, and don't have their own femto-cell, but if an O2 customer was facing the same, they should look at using "TuGo" over their home wi-fi network to restore their access to calls / texts.

Do you have reliable wired / cable broadband at home?

If so, why are Voda not offering you a SureSignal device, (it is a femto-cell), at least as a stopgap measure to limit your loss of business?

FWIW, O2 don't take this approach, and don't have their own femto-cell, but if an O2 customer was facing the same, they should look at using "TuGo" over their home wi-fi network to restore their access to calls / texts.

Correction to the above : O2 do have a femto-cell, available only to business customers (currently £150 for SOHO, £250 for large business versions).