Possible second hand car [problem]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

I'm not sure this is the right place to post but is the most accurate I could find for the problem I have. I have actually seen another thread about the company I'm complaining about here, but for now I'll hold on the name. See if someone can guide me in this situation I find myself now:

I brought my car from Spain a few years ago, registered it here and some time later I decided to sell it. So I contacted a company I found on line, specialized in buying and selling second hand left hand drive cars here in the UK. All seemed good, a guy came to collect the car in London and took it to their showroom. No news from them for a couple of months, I emalied them then asking about the car, asking if they had anyone interested. After a few emails looked like someone would buy the car and we agreed an amount. They transfered half of the money into my bank account and asked me to post the spare key and the V5 and so I did.

The problems start here. After a week or two I hadn't heard from them so I emailed them again, they told me they hadn't received the key and the V5. I posted the package with recorded delivery and Royal Mail confirmed the date when it was delivered and even the name of the person that signed for the delivery. I went back to them with this information and barely heard from them again, once they replied never showing any interest to sort the situation out. I phoned the company many times asking to speak to a manager and they never got back to me of course. It's been almost two months since they received the package. So they have everything (I don't believe the stuff has got lost and that there is a costumer waiting otherwise they would be trying to fix the problem) and I'm still waiting for half the amount, not replying to my emails, not getting back to me over the phone...

Which are my options?

Thank you very much

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry your first post was missed.

I will ask the site team whether this thread should be elsewhere. (possibly the motoring forums)

My initial reaction is to name and shame them. Secondly, do not ring them! It is time to deal in writing. As you have phoned them previously, I would suggest a Letter Before Action detailing what outcome you want and if they ignore that, take them to court

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Contact the DVLA and inform them the V5 has been stolen and that you require another copy. If the DVLA tell you the vehicle is now registered to someone else then you know the garage is banged to rights as they have sold a vehicle they dont own. I would chase them for the money rather than chasing the car otherwise it will get messy. If you want you can involve the police but they may not wish to get embroiled in a contract issue if they dont see it as straighforward theft or fraud.

• Haha 1

Thank you very much for your advice guys.

I sent them an email the same day I posted here and I had an email from them next day saying they would transfer the rest of the money that same day, that is the 18th, and of course still no money into my bank account. They said they had forgotten (LOL)

I will write the letter of intention and get started with the claim to take them to court. Do you think is a good idea to say the name? I'm just asking because I've seen in the other thread about this company that they have been using it against the costumer, making things even more difficult but I don't know if this is something to be concerned about or not really. I will definitely contact the DVLA to request another V5 and see what they say. I've also been thinking in getting the police involved, I'll call and see...