style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive been informed by the HA that they are going for possession of my house.. oh joy.. at least it will be a day out.. i owe £110 and pence after this weeks HB is taken off.. they want the lot within 7 days or they go to court. sure ill magic it outta my arse.

it will be around £70 owed when i pay 2 weeks rent/Bedroom tax this week ( i get my esa every 2 weeks)

Ive had no notice of possession and they say they are applying to the court in the next 7 days if i dont pay up which i cant.

My current rent is 18.18 a week including water rates

now im no mathematician but im sure im under 8 weeks arrears so am i right in thinking they should not be taking this to court?

and is it 8 weeks full rent arrears without HB or would it be 8 weeks of 18.18?

i owe £174 odd pence but that does not include this weeks HB of £67odd

any help guys

cheers

mcjordi

I cant see ANY court evicting you for the sum of £110. They would most likely order a payment plan, providing they agree with your reasons why you havent paid it yet.

A few years ago, i owed my HA around £400 ish and they tried everything to get me out. The court simply looked at my reasons and my offer of payment and granted a payment plan. I stayed in that house for around 8 months until i found the one i am living in now.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction

Shelter should be able to advise on this. Their website is linked above, but they have a free helpline as well.

0808 800 4444

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Doubt youll get a CCJ. Especially if you can prove you have offered the HA multiple payment plans according to your finances. If you do get a claim form, you could request mediation to try and settle out of court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ive been informed by the HA that they are going for possession of my house.. oh joy.. at least it will be a day out.. i owe £110 and pence after this weeks HB is taken off.. they want the lot within 7 days or they go to court. sure ill magic it outta my arse.

it will be around £70 owed when i pay 2 weeks rent/Bedroom tax this week ( i get my esa every 2 weeks)

Ive had no notice of possession and they say they are applying to the court in the next 7 days if i dont pay up which i cant.

My current rent is 18.18 a week including water rates

now im no mathematician but im sure im under 8 weeks arrears so am i right in thinking they should not be taking this to court?

and is it 8 weeks full rent arrears without HB or would it be 8 weeks of 18.18?

i owe £174 odd pence but that does not include this weeks HB of £67odd

any help guys

cheers

mcjordi

Hi

The HA would have to give the correct notice before they took it further.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11894/138304.pdf

8 weeks arrears would mean the full amount of 8 weeks rent payable and not 8 weeks net of any housing benefit

Ground 8 is a mandatory ground and the above would have to apply.

Ground 8

The tenant owed at least 2 months’ rent if the tenancy is on a monthly basis or 8 weeks rent if it is on a weekly basis, both when the landlord gave notice seeking possession and at the date of the court hearing.

Social Landlords do not usually use ground 8 but its not a certainty and there has been a certain amount of debate on this

There are other grounds for rent arrears such as discretionary 10 & 11 (see below)

Discretionary Grounds:

Ground 10

The tenant was behind with his or her rent both when the landlord served notice seeking possession and when he or she began court proceedings.

Ground 11

Even if the tenant was not behind with his or her rent when the landlord started possession proceedings, the tenant has been persistently late in paying the rent.

There does seem to be an increase on Social Landlords taking a harder stance on rent arrears as a result of the introduction of the bedroom tax (up by a third in some areas I understand) - example- low rent arrears and possession action

Best to try to negotiate a payment arrangement to stop further action as you will have to propose one if it goes to court.

Tricky times with the bedroom tax and all

With the above I am basically going on that you have a secure tenancy and not an introductory tenancy, is that the case?

User friendly Citizens Advice guide on rent arrears below (updated just today I am reliably told)

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/rentarrears.asp

PS - Have you looked at the possibility of applying for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHA) (see below) - if applicable it might help some

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/discretionary-housing-payments-guide.pdf

CAB Budgeting & Financial Statement tool with DHP guide that may also help

http://mymoney.nedcab.org.uk/moneyadvice/quickfsintro.

Best Wishes

Edited by Wintry

Hi mcjordi

I am going to move your thread to the Residential and Commercial Forum as I feel you will get more advice on your issue there, its administrative so nothing for you to do.

Just to clarify your Rent including water charges is - £18.18 per week and you owe approx. £174 at present.

How were you informed by the HA that they will be seeking possession?

What assistance has the HA offered you to resolve this matter?

Are you affected by the Bedroom Tax?

Are you in England, Wales, Scotland?

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group