Sky termination of contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3860 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Cancelled Sky B/B & TV & Phone. Made various complaints about loss of service etc - paying out and not getting acceptable B/B speed. Paid up everything inc extra £81 which was following months payments to take to cancellation date- which they gave me.

Switched to Plusnet who are loads cheaper and better service, using freeview for TV.

Now received letter showing "early termination fee" of 34.75 AND threatening being passed over to Debt Collection Agency. My questions are How do I raise serious dispute with Sky and is there a process/ template letters to follow?

Thank you benji

Hi,

If you cancelled any of the services within 12 months or a recontact period then they would be entitled to charge an Early Termination Charge, however,

if as you say you have made numerous complaints regarding their service the first step I would do is contact them through the contact sections raising a complaint.

I would raised as you have been charged ETC for leaving early but had to do so through their lack of failure to provide the promised speed.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 months later...

I would point out to Sky that as they were in breach of contract by failing to provide service, that they effectively terminated the contract and not you, therefore the clause relating to early termination charges is not applicable.

If they refer to a DCA, then just tell the DCA that as a dispute exists between you and Sky, that any action by the DCA is illegal harrasment, and that this will be your only communication with them.