Failed Default Removal ARGOS- HELP!

miss_b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I got an Argos Card through the Home Retail group which I initially received in 2009,

I was ill September/October 2011 and missed the payments on both months.

My last payment prior to this was 30th Aug 2011 and

when I came out of Hospital I contacted Argos to make payment 8th November 2011.

The advisor said he could take my payment however any future payments need to be done through Moorcroft debt recovery.

He was rude and blunt and said he could be of no further assistance to me.

I contacted Moorcoft and arranged direct debit payment schedule to pay off the £500 on my account which I completed paying November 2012.

Earlier this year I applied for a mortgage and was rejected,

I checked my credit file to see the Argos account in red defaulted but satisfied dated November 2011.

This must be the reason I was declined I have never had a default and never miss payments with the exception of when I was ill in hospital.

I wrote a letter to Home Retail group including my credit report and also a postal order explaining the question

and politely requesting the default be removed as I was unaware it had been issued and made effort to repay my balance as soon as I could.

I also asked they supply me with a true CCA if they could not do this to remove the default.

14 days letter they have replied saying they are sorry they have to mark true events in relation to my financial conduct

and that is it they have ignored everything else and not supplied the cca or my postal order.

Can anybody help to advise me on what I should do/say next?

Thanks

I would suspect these are late payment markers 1, 2, 3, etc

is it marked 6?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It literally says 1 & 2 then 8's. however 1 and 2 correspond to August July it gets ver hotl

I would suspect these are late payment markers 1, 2, 3, etc

is it marked 6?

dx

they are correct

they have reported correctly

and not having a cca cant reverse that they don't need one.

now you should have received a default notice

is there a chance letters went missing not read etc?

not had any pevious penalty fees have you as that could lead to getting this removed

shame you paid moorcrap

for the next time

NEVER EVER PAY A DCA

they are not bailiffs

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

and also never ever phone them too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did not receive a default letter there was one which said to contact them really overdue monthly payment and this was it.

The man at Argos said I HAD to pay moorcroft but thanks for the future warning. I just don't understand how the defaulted me 29th November when I made payments 8th & 29th nov.

and no I have never been late with payments before.

Should I write another letter?

they are correct

they have reported correctly

and not having a cca cant reverse that they don't need one.

now you should have received a default notice

is there a chance letters went missing not read etc?

not had any pevious penalty fees have you as that could lead to getting this removed

shame you paid moorcrap

for the next time

NEVER EVER PAY A DCA

they are not bailiffs

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

and also never ever phone them too.

dx

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I took out an Argos store card in 2009 and never missed a payment with them. In September 2011 I became quite ill and went into hospital, I missed both my September and October payments, meaning the last payment they received was 31st August 2011.

Upon my health improving I immediately contacted Argos and made a payment on 8th November 2011, I then called again on 28th November to make another payment and was advised they would not accept my payment and I had to contact moorcroft debt recovery. Moorcroft said they were now responsible for my account but they had not purchased the debt.

I set up a payment plan and settled the account December 2012. Then a default appeared on my credit file dated 29th November 2011.

I never received a default notice and I have queried this with Argos who say they must record true events and they will not remove it. They have also sent a copy if my original credit file.

I have always had good credit and never had a default before this. I want to get a mortgage and my broker said it will have an effect as it was within the last 3 years.

What else can I do to get rid of it, it's ruining my credit score and will be there for another 4 years.

Please help!!

Hi, All Argos need to state is that a default notice was sent on a specific date via their normal procedures to the address on their records, copy DNs are not routinely filed as hard copies and the above is all Argos need to state.

The account would have been defaulted prior being passed

to Moorcroft.

Is the credit file entry marked satisfied?

Defaulted accounts are removed from credit files after 6 years paid or not.

I cannot see any valid reason for the removal of the default entry.

Is it Argos or Moorcroft on the Credit Files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

two threads on same issue merged

please keep to one thread

dx

and they

Yes it now says satisfied and the file is marked with Argos (home retail group).

I appreciate what your saying as it is not their fault I missed the payments, however I don't understand why they took a payment and then defaulted me 21 days later.

I know it's my responsibility I just don't want this default hanging over my head for 4 years ruining my credit score.

Yes it now says satisfied and the file is marked with Argos (home retail group).

I appreciate what your saying as it is not their fault I missed the payments, however I don't understand why they took a payment and then defaulted me 21 days later.

I know it's my responsibility I just don't want this default hanging over my head for 4 years ruining my credit score.

Defaulted because of passing to the 3rd party DCA standard procedure.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Is there anything else I can try in terms of writing to them it suggestions on what to try. I never had any penalty fees with them and conducted my account very well prior to this

Is there anything else I can try in terms of writing to them it suggestions on what to try. I never had any penalty fees with them and conducted my account very well prior to this[/quote

This company if far from co-operative on things such as this, it matters not to them how an account has been conducted prior to missed payments, the account would have been defaulted anyway.

lets try and get to the bottom of what they did or did not do

i'd suggest send home retail an SAR .

dx

and they