Advice needed on proof of debt. Ty

hhanna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a default on my credit file. i ignored it at time then got taken to court, i never bothered to attend and they were awarded a ccj, due to problems at time it was least of my concern.

But now i challenged it and i asked for a copy of proof of debt and default notice sent to me.

They replied back saying they need more time. How much time do i need to give them as its now passed a month and they stopped all contact.

I never recall getting a default letter its why i asked, and also i wanted a statement of account and proof that i owed the original debt.

But can they keep asking for more time as they said they are not the original creditor so i must give them time.

Anyone give me advice or point me to a template letter? :wink:

Thank you

Hannah

I have to say it is a bit late to be challenging this since the CCJ overrides everything else and so asking for proof etc. etc. now is not going to do you any good.

Are you planning on applying for the CCJ to be set aside and if so on what grounds?

Did you receive the court claim form?

Did you not offer any defence at the time?

How long ago did this all happen?

Hello Hannah, welcome to CAG.

I hope the legal guys will spot your thread soon and be along with advice.

My best, HB

Thank you :)

I have to say it is a bit late to be challenging this since the CCJ overrides everything else and so asking for proof etc. etc. now is not going to do you any good.

Are you planning on applying for the CCJ to be set aside and if so on what grounds?

Did you receive the court claim form?

Did you not offer any defence at the time?

How long ago did this all happen?

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me :

Why is it to late? so does this mean any company could give you a ccj even if u don't owe the debt and that's it your credit file is messed up for 6 years? yes my fault i should of looked into previously but i never got harrassed for the debt till after i got taken to court.

My Dad was seriously ill at the time they live quite far away so i stayed with them until he got better.

So hence i missed the court date.

I was going to ask for it to be set aside on the grounds that i don't believe the debt is mine, had no proof of this and also i didn't have chance to go to court due to being away at the time.

Know its going to cost me about £80? to even ask for it to be set aside, but if the company cant even provide evidence i owe the debt then don't i have a good case?

Edit : sorry forgot add, they got awarded CCJ about late jan 2013. I never challanged it or went to court. Had lot going on in my life and only now had chance to sit down and focus on this.

Edited by hhanna

the onger the CCJ exists

the more difficult it is to set aide

however

jan should be ok

tell ys the full story please

name names etc etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...