style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In less than a year i have returned my phone for repair 4 times before they replaced it .

Now the replacement(which is a refurbished phone and not a new one) needs to go in for repair

Talk mobile said they will goodwill me 1 months refund of £7.50.

I did try to barter for 2 months but they say still 1 month

Just asking is this okay or not?

SOGA. Repair, replace then refund. In that order. If the company try anything, send them a full complaint and if they still dont come to a resolution, get a letter before action in then small claims court.

Since your phone has had many issues, i would say that it isnt fit for purpose and they should provide you with a brand new 'like for like' phone under SOGA, otherwise fully refund you. Their 'goodwill gesture' is laughable at best.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks, The old phone indeed had many issues- so do my rights now start with reconditioned phone?

Afaik their policy is 3 faults within 90 days -which would not cover me for new phone

SOGA is well intentioned but very general and Talk mobile seem to have contractually done what they were supposed to - repair and replace

Found this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?204827-Been-Threatened-Badly-by-The-Carphone-WareHouse

Edited by tali

a recon phone is still covered by the SAME soga rules as a new device

same as any 2nd hand item from a retailer

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Doesnt matter one bit what their silly policies say. UK law (SOGA) overrides it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

SOGAicon is well intentioned but very general and Talk mobile seem to have contractually done what they were supposed to - repair and replace

It's more than well intentioned. It clearly states what must happen. If the retailer replaced your phone or repaired it and it still doesnt work, then they must repair/replace again, or refund. They seem to be giving you the run around and you are falling for it.

What brand & model of phone is it

You might find many others with the same phone & same problem

samsung gt 5830i

It's more than well intentioned. It clearly states what must happen. If the retailer replaced your phone or repaired it and it still doesnt work, then they must repair/replace again, or refund. They seem to be giving you the run around and you are falling for it.

I must point (as i failed to make this clear)out they are going to repair for free as it is still under warranty AND give 1 months credit.Whether that is sufficent or not given the ongoing probs i don't know

Doesnt matter. The phones are not fit for purpose so soga comes into play.

• 3 weeks later...

Reply from Talk Mobile

"'im sorry to hear that you're still unhappy.

As per the Sales of Goods Act, a retailer has to offer you either a repair or exchange and the decision to which is offered, lays with the retailer. In this instance, a repair is being offered which is fully in line with the Sales of Goods Act.

I must again advise that a gesture of goodwill for one months line rental has been offered, if you would like to accept this, please confirm by replying to my email."

that's fair IMHO

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Which goes completely against what renegadeimp was unequivocally stating.I must admit i was never convinced by what he was stating- and one does lose confidence in forums when info (well intentioned as it is) in incorrect

well not really no.

it how you want to interpret it.

if you are happy with the repair then so be it

should however, this fail again

it might well be time to indicate to them

that after two of them

this phone model id obv crap

can we exchange for another model

dx

and they

It 's 3 same faults in 90 days afaik - oddly TalkMobile does not mention this on website- in fact there is quite a bit they fail to notify of.There not mugs and they are not going to dish out out phones willy nilly

renegadeimp info is till wholly incorrect - imho